Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake

RedSimba

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are you going to Japan to work for free or not? :filenails:

Um....I don't need to answer to YOU, because you are either too stupid, or too closed minded...And as much as I hate to admit it, I believe you are intelligent. Book smart anyways, so you are just too closed minded to understand what people with a heart are saying. Now shut the fuck up and accept! :filenails:

Um....I don't need to answer to YOU, because you are either too stupid, or too closed minded...And as much as I hate to admit it, I believe you are intelligent. Book smart anyways, so you are just too closed minded to understand what people with a heart are saying. Now shut the fuck up and accept! :filenails:

23j6ffd.gif

Thank you. :tear:

And what YOU don't understand is that stuff costs money. Just because it's a natural disaster, that doesn't not rule out people get paid for their job. Would you do your job for free? I don't think so. The world of politics and economics is far more vast than your perception of it. Japan has the resources to help themselves, lest we not forget Japan ranks second to the US in terms of wealth. So there is no urgency to run over there and play Captain Save-A-Hoe. :thumbup: Esp when the country is ACROSS AN OCEAN. :mellow:

23j6ffd.gif

Thank you. :tear:

And what YOU don't understand is that stuff costs money. Just because it's a natural disaster, that doesn't not rule out people get paid for their job. Would you do your job for free? I don't think so. The world of politics and economics is far more vast than your perception of it. Japan has the resources to help themselves, lest we not forget Japan ranks second to the US in terms of wealth. So there is no urgency to run over there and play Captain Save-A-Hoe. :thumbup: Esp when the country is ACROSS AN OCEAN. :mellow:

You aren't telling me anything I don't know...But thank you anyway...And for your information. I HAVE WORKED AS A NURSE FOR FREE!!! Against my hospital's regulations...I can't currently work overseas because of my son. But I have here in the United States. And this has NOTHING to do with politics. I understand where you are coming from.and what you are saying, but you either don't understand what I'm saying, or like to play stupid. Just because they have money, it dosen't mean that loss of life, and the terror that one must go through when something like this happens will NEVER be replaced by all the money or politics in the world.

I know deep inside you there's a pussycat. You are just a crowd pleaser and a bully just to put up a front.

You aren't telling me anything I don't know...But thank you anyway...And for your information. I HAVE WORKED AS A NURSE FOR FREE!!! Against my hospital's regulations...I can't currently work overseas because of my son. But I have here in the United States. And this has NOTHING to do with politics. I understand where you are coming from.and what you are saying, but you either don't understand what I'm saying, or like to play stupid. Just because they have money, it dosen't mean that loss of life, and the terror that one must go through when something like this happens will NEVER be replaced by all the money or politics in the world.

I know deep inside you there's a pussycat. You are just a crowd pleaser and a bully just to put up a front.

I totally understand what you're saying. It is a kind gesture to lend a hand in times of need, but it just doesn't work like that. There are a number of examples I can use. Even if someone does something out of the kindness of their heart, at the end of the day someone is going to pay for that kindness whether if it's monetary, product-wise, service-wise, etc. But like I said, let's not act like Japan doesn't have the resources to help themselves. Lest we not forget that Japan's technology and medicine surmounts whatever America aid can contribute. I can see if this was a third world country with limited resources, but I can almost guarantee you that the computer you're using, or a part of it, was manufactured or engineered in Japan. And that's the shade.

I totally understand what you're saying. It is a kind gesture to lend a hand in times of need, but it just doesn't work like that. There are a number of examples I can use. Even if someone does something out of the kindness of their heart, at the end of the day someone is going to pay for that kindness whether if it's monetary, product-wise, service-wise, etc. But like I said, let's not act like Japan doesn't have the resources to help themselves. Lest we not forget that Japan's technology and medicine surmounts whatever America aid can contribute. I can see if this was a third world country with limited resources, but I can almost guarantee you that the computer you're using, or a part of it, was manufactured or engineered in Japan. And that's the shade.

One of the many things I hate about being a nurse, is that I trully love what I do. I unforutunately bring it home. I get in trouble all the time because I work in and ICU unit. Somebody codes, or a disaster happens after I clock out, and I'm running to the floor helping out. Believe me I know how money runs everything, and not just politics, but the politics of medicine, and the nursing field. It's ALL about the money, because, it's Too damned expensive, and too much accountability. So basically whether your do it out of the kindness of your heart or not. It's expensive, risky, and you have to cover your ass in all areas. I get frustrated because though I'm not oblivious to the fact that we need administrators and the rules and the laws...I just don't give a fuck about that side of nursing. We all need money, but I would really do this for free if I didn't need the money. :(

One of the many things I hate about being a nurse, is that I trully love what I do. I unforutunately bring it home. I get in trouble all the time because I work in and ICU unit. Somebody codes, or a disaster happens after I clock out, and I'm running to the floor helping out. Believe me I know how money runs everything, and not just politics, but the politics of medicine, and the nursing field. It's ALL about the money, because, it's Too damned expensive, and too much accountability. So basically whether your do it out of the kindness of your heart or not. It's expensive, risky, and you have to cover your ass in all areas. I get frustrated because though I'm not oblivious to the fact that we need administrators and the rules and the laws...I just don't give a fuck about that side of nursing. We all need money, but I would really do this for free if I didn't need the money. :(

Oh, so you do see that things like this costs money and can't just be done out the kindness of pplz hearts?

vrf328.gif

So glad you see things my way. :thumbup: Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping ppl because of course Japan needs help. But my thing is activists and ppl acting like everyone should come out of pocket for Japan like their some run-of-the-mill country. :rolleyes:

Oh, so you do see that things like this costs money and can't just be done out the kindness of pplz hearts?

vrf328.gif

So glad you see things my way. :thumbup: Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping ppl because of course Japan needs help. But my thing is activists and ppl acting like everyone should come out of pocket for Japan like their some run-of-the-mill country. :rolleyes:

YES!!! But thank God that there are people who look way beyond that. Because if we leave it all to the "realistics", the greedy, and the money hungry assholes...NOBODY would get help...Now I win, you lose...SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

YES!!! But thank God that there are people who look way beyond that. Because if we leave it all to the "realistics", the greedy, and the money hungry assholes...NOBODY would get help...Now I win, you lose...SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Being a realist isn't about being greedy. It's about maintaining order in a way. You seem very, radical in your beliefs. :umm:And cosigning yourself doesn't make your statements anymore true or false.

Being a realist isn't about being greedy. It's about maintaining order in a way. You seem very, radical in your beliefs. <ahttp://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/uploads/emoticons/default_umm.png' alt=':umm:'> And cosigning yourself doesn't make your statements anymore true or false.

UGH! There are frustrations in the politics of what I'm talking about across the board. You don't work in the medical field so you don't understand. It's about eithics...Both personal and political. I could soooooo go on and on and on but this thread would probably crash.

One example is how we nurses who on a daily basis, treat patients and understand their needs don't have the liberty to provide them with what they need without an order with a doctor's signature. Doctors don't treat patients, they just have a degree to control. Unfourtunately, these douche bags don't treat certain emergencies as emergencies and cop an attitude when they are ON CALL and we give them a call for things that are out of our authority. Could we give it to the patients anyway? YES, but the politics and laws of medicine does not allow us to do it, even if it means saving their lives...Many people have died because of these types of politics.

This is where I'm coming from. So pardon me for being so radical in my ETHICS!

UGH! There are frustrations in the politics of what I'm talking about across the board. You don't work in the medical field so you don't understand. It's about eithics...Both personal and political. I could soooooo go on and on and on but this thread would probably crash.

One example is how we nurses who on a daily basis, treat patients and understand their needs don't have the liberty to provide them with what they need without an order with a doctor's signature. Doctors don't treat patients, they just have a degree to control. Unfourtunately, these douche bags don't treat certain emergencies as emergencies and cop an attitude when they are ON CALL and we give them a call for things that are out of our authority. Could we give it to the patients anyway? YES, but the politics and laws of medicine does not allow us to do it, even if it means saving their lives...Many people have died because of these types of politics.

This is where I'm coming from. So pardon me for being so radical in my ETHICS!

I'm well aware of the doctor-nurse situation. I've watched so many episodes of "Trauma: Life in the ER" (or whatever the show is called) and "Untold Stories of the ER". I've seen nearly episode of the latter. B) I wanted to be a dermatologist and a surgeon when I was younger, so I've looked into all of these things. The politics of medicine is pretty much the same as the politics of my field - law, criminal justice, etc. There are things lawyers can do that paralegals and clerks can't do. That's just the luck of the draw. It's frustrating yes, but those are the rules and they are created to be followed and to maintain order. I've always been quite rebellious, but over the years I've come to the realization that stupid rules do serve a purpose. For example, it's against the law in Alabama for a woman to wear high heels and walk on the sidewalk. It's stupid. But a woman got her heel caught in a manhole cover. She sued the city and won because it was a "safety violation". :mellow: It's stupid yes, but the rules have to be made.

I'm well aware of the doctor-nurse situation. I've watched so many episodes of "Trauma: Life in the ER" (or whatever the show is called) and "Untold Stories of the ER". I've seen nearly episode of the latter. B) I wanted to be a dermatologist and a surgeon when I was younger, so I've looked into all of these things. The politics of medicine is pretty much the same as the politics of my field - law, criminal justice, etc. There are things lawyers can do that paralegals and clerks can't do. That's just the luck of the draw. It's frustrating yes, but those are the rules and they are created to be followed and to maintain order. I've always been quite rebellious, but over the years I've come to the realization that stupid rules do serve a purpose. For example, it's against the law in Alabama for a woman to wear high heels and walk on the sidewalk. It's stupid. But a woman got her heel caught in a manhole cover. She sued the city and won because it was a "safety violation". :mellow: It's stupid yes, but the rules have to be made.

In medicine, it's very different...This involves saving a patient's life. But a doctor, who went to medical school and signed up to be on call...Dosen't want his booty call interrupted just because we want to save someone's life. It's way deeper than that...And you know why? It's beyond because of "SAFETY" reasons....It's all because of MONEY!!!

In medicine, it's very different...This involves saving a patient's life. But a doctor, who went to medical school and signed up to be on call...Dosen't want his booty call interrupted just because we want to save someone's life. It's way deeper than that...And you know why? It's beyond because of "SAFETY" reasons....It's all because of MONEY!!!

Well after like 10 years of medical school and upwards of $100k of debt, I don't blame them. :umm: But by the same time they knew what they were signing up for. But there's a bigger picture. Everything can't be done out of the kindness of the heart. The idea of a free market and economics in general would cripple.

Well after like 10 years of medical school and upwards of $100k of debt, I don't blame them. :umm: But by the same time they knew what they were signing up for. But there's a bigger picture. Everything can't be done out of the kindness of the heart. The idea of a free market and economics in general would cripple.

This isn't of course ALL doctors...There are intelligent, comon-sense, and ethical ones out there. The other assholes have gotten into yelling spells with me. I actually went for one's throat and was suspended for three days...I was told I could come back after I apologized...I spit on the floor. Still got to keep my job. He treats me like I'm his best friend now.

This isn't of course ALL doctors...There are intelligent, comon-sense, and ethical ones out there. The other assholes have gotten into yelling spells with me. I actually went for one's throat and was suspended for three days...I was told I could come back after I apologized...I spit on the floor. Still got to keep my job. He treats me like I'm his best friend now.

YAAAASSSSSSSS BITCH! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Update:

Japan Earthquake Results In The Worst Death Toll Since World War II, 10,000 Feared Dead.

1,597 deaths have already been confirmed by the Japanese government, according to Japanese broadcaster NHK.

That does not include the 200 to 300 bodies that washed up on the shores of Miyagi following the violent tsunami that came shortly after the 8.9-magnitude quake.

1,841 people are now being officially counted as "missing."

Japanese officials in the Miyagi region, which was among the hardest hit by the tsunami, are saying that up to 10,000 people may have been killed.

Prime Minister Naoto Kan described the on-going events in Japan as the worst disaster since World War II. The Japanese are dealing not only with the human and infrastructural losses brought on by the quake but also by the damage inflicted by the tsunami and Japan is also doing everything in its power to off-set a possible nuclear disaster as the Fukushima nuclear power plant situation remains dire.

Millions of people remain without electricity and approximately 310,000 people have been evacuated to government-run shelters.

Onagwa, another nuclear site, is now under a state of emergency as radiation levels climbed beyond permissible levels.

Japan, which made a formal request from the international community for help, is doing everything in its power to control the situation at the nuclear facilities and to deal with the problem of providing shelter and security to those affected by the natural disasters. Japanese officials are also working to improve pivotal infrastructure in the nation. International assistance is on the way for Japan.

U.S. citizens are being encouraged to help the Japanese people to overcome this extremely difficult situation. The American Red Cross is accepting donations via text message and people are being told to text "redcross" to 90999 in order to make a $10 donation.

http://allmediany.com/details_news_article.php?news_artid=794

2011 has been such a tough year so far. This is heartbreaking. -_-

Two survivors rescued as Japan quake death toll tipped to exceed 6000

RESCUERS in Japan today pulled two survivors, a woman and a man, from underneath the rubble four days after a powerful earthquake and devastating tsunami, public broadcaster NHK reported.

A 70-year-old woman was found alive in the quake-hit town of Otsuchi in Iwate prefecture, NHK said. She was suffering from hypothermia but was not in a life-threatening condition, it said, adding that she had been taken to hospital.

A man, whose age was not given, was rescued in the town of Ishimaki in hard-hit Miyagi prefecture, the network said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/rescuers-pull-baby-girl-from-rubble-in-miyagi-where-10000-are-feared-dead/story-e6freon6-1226021418920

Archived