Whose career did Xtina want?

Kim

Q. Whose career did you want?

A. I was a big fan of Whitney Houston at the time. I loved Janet Jackson. And I was a big Michael Jackson fan.

Q. It's interesting that you liked two singers who were also actresses?

A. Yeah, I guess you're right. But I wasn't thinking about acting in the beginning. I wanted to get the singing right first, and then wait for the right project to expand my horizons. I knew "Burlesque" was the right project when I read it.

Q. You mentioned Whitney and Janet. I wondered if Cher was ever a performer you admired?

A. As I got older, I started noticing her. I think the first time I really noticed her was in that music video on the ship with all those sailors. She was singing "If I Could Turn Back Time" in a body suit with the butt cut out (giggles). I remember my grandma not being a fan, and not letting me watch it. I wasn't allowed to watch Cher or Madonna. But I guess Cher had some influence on me, judging from the butt-less chaps I wore in "Dirrty" (laughs).

Link to Article

Aw, how sweet. :)

And :lol: at the shade at Cher. "As I got older, I started noticing her." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Austin has new material to add to the Praise Thread. ^_^

------------------------------------------------------------

Q. What happened when you met (Cher)?

A. Well, I had told the studio head to stalk and beg Cher to do the movie. I told him to tell her that I was such a big fan that I would drink her bath water if she did the movie. So, when we were introduced, I said: "Yes, I'm the one who wants to drink your bath water."

:lol: