What are you listening to?

RedSimba

The Gap - Birds Of Tokyo

The Co-Dependent | Sia

Oh, okay well tell me when you get to 'Wild At Heart'. It kind of reminds me of another song but I can't quite put my finger on it. Did you watch the ARIAs? I really liked the performances. The rest was a red hot mess. :lol:

I just finished listening to it. It's definitely a highlight. Now that you mention it, it does sound similar to something else, I can't put my finger on it either. :unsure: I didn't watch the show but I heard it was a disaster. :lol: Not a good sign - I read an article last week on how they're barely hanging on by a thread (ratings, public interest, budget, etc) -_-

Fuckin' Perfect | P!nk

The Gap - Birds Of Tokyo

I just finished listening to it. It's definitely a highlight. Now that you mention it, it does sound similar to something else, I can't put my finger on it either. :unsure: I didn't watch the show but I heard it was a disaster. :lol: Not a good sign - I read an article last week on how they're barely hanging by a thread (ratings, public interest, budget, etc) -_-

Glad you liked it. Maybe we'll work it out eventually. :lol: Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the ARIAs downgraded or even moved to pay-TV. To me, it felt like they were trying their hardest to be the VMAs. The entire thing was outdoors which just felt weird - and to be honest certain segments really felt like I was wathching a BBQ get-together in somebody's backyard. Add to that the endless list of awkward moments: top models mispronouncing nominees names and titles, Dylan Lewis dry-humping every guest, and who the HELL invited Bob Katter?? He literally said "And the Araria goes to..." :mellow:

Angels - Black Mountain

Fuckin' Perfect | P!nk

Glad you liked it. Maybe we'll work it out eventually. :lol: Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the ARIAs downgraded or even moved to pay-TV. To me, it felt like they were trying their hardest to be the VMAs. The entire thing was outdoors which just felt weird - and to be honest certain segments really felt like I was wathching a BBQ get-together in somebody's backyard. Add to that the endless list of awkward moments: top models mispronouncing nominees names and titles, Dylan Lewis dry-humping every guest, and who the HELL invited Bob Katter?? He literally said "And the Araria goes to..." :mellow:

It will come to us. :lol:

How awful, I'm glad I didn't tune in. :mellow: Our music is good, we're better than this. The ARIAs were the best when they weren't trying so hard. They need to get back to basics and stop using the generic American awards show model as a guide. :umm:

And The Boys | Angus & Julia Stone

Angels - Black Mountain

It will come to us. :lol:

How awful, I'm glad I didn't tune in. :mellow: Our music is good, we're better than this. The ARIAs were the best when they weren't trying so hard. They need to get back to basics and stop using the generic American awards show model as a guide. :umm:

That's the one good thing to come from it, the performances were all great - even the artists I don't really care for. And you're right, we deserve better. I think it's been a great year for Aussie music. Even the artists were confused with the set-up; there was no stage to walk up on and accept your award, they were literally handed the trophy where they were standing, drinks-in-hand. :umm: And the interest was obviously lacking, Powderfinger even had to ask what award they'd just won because "we weren't listening". :lol:

Raise Your Glass - P!nk

And The Boys | Angus & Julia Stone

That's the one good thing to come from it, the performances were all great - even the artists I don't really care for. And you're right, we deserve better. I think it's been a great year for Aussie music. Even the artists were confused with the set-up; there was no stage to walk up on and accept your award, they were literally handed the trophy where they were standing, drinks-in-hand. :umm: And the interest was obviously lacking, Powderfinger even had to ask what award they'd just won because "we weren't listening". :lol:

OMG. :lmao: Now I see why you referred to it as a BBQ gathering. :lmao: How utterly embarrassing. Thank god it's not shown internationally, we'd be laughed at. :umm: