What an odd song

LyricalLesson

Who has heard it, I'm sure some of you have, it's a few months old.

This is a complete 180 in comparison to her previous singles...very dark, haunting, and left field.

It's not radio friendly, she doesn't showcase the ridiculous high quality vocal ability she posesses, the beat is intimidating, the lyrics are slightly provocative, and her delivery is...different.

But...for some reason...this song works for me. It took multiple listens for me to get into it, but after about the 4th or 5th time, i'm pretty hooked. It's such a risk to release music like this, even if it was only a mixtape release. This young girl is talented, and she obviously is looking to grow and mature as an artist...at first I thought she failed miserably, but after analyzing the track, and listening to it as a whole, I'm pleasantly impressed.

...having said all of that, the song is VERY odd. And I haven't seen very many favorable reviews of it from "critics" or fans.

If you haven't heard it yet, check it out on Youtube, and tell me what you thought about it.

It's her "look, I'm a slut" song :rolleyes:

I was intrigued by the video, the fact that her eyes were covered for most of it, I thought that built some great tension :rolleyes:

:lol: Yes, putting it frankly, it definitely is her "look, I'm a slut" song.

The video is what made me give it a second chance, I had heard it once a month before, after downloading it from a blog I get my music from. I'm glad you brought it up, because that's another odd thing about the song, the video matches it...the black and white, the blindfolds, the intimate tone. I just didn't really like the words, but it's definitely a creative song/video combo. I wish it would have garnered more positive attention.

:lol: Yes, putting it frankly, it definitely is her "look, I'm a slut" song.

The video is what made me give it a second chance, I had heard it once a month before, after downloading it from a blog I get my music from. I'm glad you brought it up, because that's another odd thing about the song, the video matches it...the black and white, the blindfolds, the intimate tone. I just didn't really like the words, but it's definitely a creative song/video combo. I wish it would have garnered more positive attention.

Let's be honest Jevar, it didn't warrant it :coffee:

:lol: you're right for the most part. But, I think today's music as a whole is generally terrible, for me at least. 80% of the music I listen to is music from the past (early 2000's and 90's) in my opinion, this song isn't any worse than most of the current stuff out there. Which is pretty bad, because there's nothing spectacular about it. But it's better than what critics were saying about it.