OF COURSE This Mofo Would Say This... -_-

Reyna ♔

Casey Anthony attorney: ‘She did not kill her child’

Though a recent Gallup poll finds that nearly two-thirds of America believes that Casey Anthony was guilty of murder, one of her defense attorneys considers himself squarely in the minority on that topic.

"I do believe her story,'' defense attorney Cheney Mason told TODAY's Savannah Guthrie on Monday. "I believed it from the first time I met her. I have never for one minute had any doubt at all. She did not kill her child. Period.''

Mason was part of a defense team that secured an acquittal for the 25-year-old Anthony on the charge that she murdered her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, a jury decision that outraged much of the nation. Anthony was convicted on four misdemeanor counts of lying to police and is expected to be released on Sunday.

Story: Casey Anthony juror in hiding, fears retribution after verdict

Despite the established pattern of dishonesty by Anthony, Mason has not been dissuaded about his position that she was telling the truth when it came to being uninvolved in the death of her child. "I don't think her story has changed from the very beginning,'' he said.

Mason said he met with Anthony in her home weeks before he officially became a member of the defense team. Even at that time, he told Guthrie, he believed her story.

Frenzy and frustration

Yet as the poll numbers and angry protesters outside the courthouse indicate, Anthony has been convicted in the court of public opinion. One juror has even gone into hiding: Her husband told NBC News that she retired from her job over the phone, packed a bag, and left the state shortly after the trial.

Cheney's frustration with that public outrage and the accompanying media frenzy recently boiled over. While celebrating Anthony's acquittal with some cocktails at a restaurant in Orlando, he flipped his middle finger to reporters looking in the window, and the image was captured by an Associated Press photographer.

Continue the story here :http://news.mobile.msn.com/en-us/articles.aspx?aid=43710579&afid=1

I just can't with these people. Whether she killed her or not, she knows what the hell happened to little Caylee and she is doing NOTHING to help the situation. :thumbdown:

Archived