Why is age even a factor...

Twistedvelvet

Is it me but it seems like every mention of Janet has to mention her hittin 40+. these days it mostly in reference to her slayin, which is great, but why is it even mentionable?

We should be judging based on current ability and character. On that basis having seen Janet live and in video footage recently, we are looking at a woman just hitting her mid 20s lol. Why not see it that way!

The 'others' just look like they on their 5th farewell tour, and chers the support act.

The only reason they getting treated like stars in their prime is cause they are of 'acceptable age'. I feel like Jan needs to give me a new song against ageism! Lol

#ageismisabitch

They only do that with women in the entertainment biz...

You never hear "Elton John is 64 and his piano playing skills don't show it.. he plays just like a 22 year old"

Exactly, once women in entertainment hit a certain age you'll never hear the end of it. In a way i don't think some people mean it as a bad thing, it's like she has been doing this so long, is old enough to be your mom and still shits on the young ones but age shouldn't be a factor, Talent is talent.

here is a short article i saw a little while ago on women and aging:

Kim Cattrall says it is "cruel" that women are not allowed to age.

The 54-year-old actress is disgusted by the apparent attitude in America which punishes women for getting older and also punishes them if they have cosmetic surgery.

Kim told Psychologies magazine: "I think the scrutiny of women is obscene. If you don't do anything, you're like an old hag; and if you do, you're a plastic surgeon 'victim'. Where can we go to age with respect and dignity? People won't let us, particularly in America. It's just so cruel."

Kim is determined to grow old gracefully because she is not a "Barbie" doll.

Kim added: "One of the reasons I made 'Meet Monica Velour' is because I've had enough of it. I'm not Barbie, I'm not made by Mattel, I'm flesh and blood and it melts you know - get used to it. I'm not going to turn myself into the Joker in 'Batman' to get jobs. It's hard getting older - especially for an attractive woman, because your looks are something that were on your side - but you need to put in perspective."

Lol, I'm with you on that. But that's the world we live in now. There's such a huge factor placed on age. Don't understand it, but it's there. Probably because all these young stars act like their so old, and to have an upper-age technically(not by looks or ability. Birth certificate only), doing better than her proteges is a shock to those who don't real get her or her style. We know Jan so it's like, "Bitch, whatever. 25 or 45, She will slay like always". :lol:

Well, actually, maybe it's because she's a Jackson. They did do this with Michael. Saying how at 50 he was topping his protégées when he was alive. Or perhaps it's both the female double standard and the Jackson name. Sounds like it.

No article can go without mentioning that she is a Jackson, Michael's little sister, "in his shadow," and the fact that she's 45 years old...and that she looks good and/or is really muscular. Snooze. I just try to pay it no mind.

Archived