Did Janet Make Any Great Career Decisions Whiles With Jd

Idrag4mj

I want to pic your brains with this...there's no doubt that after the super bowl her career took a hit in many different way and started a long downward spiral into oblivion .....Her then boyfriend JD sacrificed alot resigning from the grammy board and other things just to stand by and defend her..he did indeed help her get through what was was probably one of the worst periods of her life ..i do however feel that her career decision's after not sure weather to place it between the time line of her last major successful album "all for you "..or from the period she met and started dating JD to their break up because i don't know the exact time they started dating have not been great at all..it seemed like after the bowl incident it was just 1 bad decision after the other to the other ..

some question which i would like to know

did janet have a different manager(ment )after all for you era ?

what do you think if any are the best career decision's she made during the time line she was JD?

what was her biggest career mistake during that time frame ?

to me i think her biggest mistake was not touring after damita jo ... marking the first time since the rhythm nation that she hasn't toured after an album

prior to her ill fated rocktwitu tour ....she hadnt toured for 7years ..hadnt had a massive hit since then and wasnt being played on radio/Tv during then =*oblivion* but the albums just kept coming.. a touring during that time would have kept her in the public eye and would have reminded people how great of a performer she was .

Disclaimer : i am in no way bashing etc. JD as i know he probably has alot of fans .here .as the saying good mixing business with pleasure is a recipe for disaster ... since she left him it all she has been doing seems like rebuilding and re-estalbishing her brand.... its like repairing the damage that was done to her image while she was with him...tell me that aint the truth..

now if you have something relevant or sensible to say please do otherwise don't bother adding anything to the topic

When reading through studying her little album booklets, it looks like quite a bit stayed the same during that near decade when it refers to handling and management.

Her best? Her general ideas, and her promoting. She did fairly well with promoting herself during the era. I didn't see a decline there.

I think after the super bowl, she was a little...idk...unsettled. I'll use that word. Her major tracks were done pretty well while her supporting tracks lacked a little too much. Also, she focused a little more on the sex than she used to. I mean, I love how she was going for letting her sexual side take the lead, but after the bowl incident, that wasn't the best idea. During that era, you saw more sexual and good-time tracks instead of the substance and bold statements that we've always been used to.

I may catch some shade for this, but this is just what I see from that era. I don't think JD had the major lead during the era, I just think she never really re-grouped after the bowl. Then again, he could have thrown her some of these ideas and she caught on just to wing it. I don't know. Only her people do.

When reading through studying her little album booklets, it looks like quite a bit stayed the same during that near decade when it refers to handling and management.

Her best? Her general ideas, and her promoting. She did fairly well with promoting herself during the era. I didn't see a decline there.

I think after the super bowl, she was a little...idk...unsettled. I'll use that word. Her major tracks were done pretty well while her supporting tracks lacked a little too much. Also, she focused a little more on the sex than she used to. I mean, I love how she was going for letting her sexual side take the lead, but after the bowl incident, that wasn't the best idea. During that era, you saw more sexual and good-time tracks instead of the substance and bold statements that we've always been used to.

I may catch some shade for this, but this is just what I see from that era. I don't think JD had the major lead during the era, I just think she never really re-grouped after the bowl. Then again, he could have thrown her some of these ideas and she caught on just to wing it. I don't know. Only her people do.

Great point..i do agree that she went overly sexual after that era..but i dont think its necessarily the reason for her decline...so in management sense she has been stable in that department..hmmm then i guess who she was dating influenced her decision making if not management

Great point..i do agree that she went overly sexual after that era..but i dont think its necessarily the reason for her decline...so in management sense she has been stable in that department..hmmm then i guess who she was dating influenced her decision making if not management

Perhaps so. JD may have tried to play Music Guru with her since he had done so much for Mariah during the time, he tried to get in with Janet's career, and she let him have a little too much reign and it may have tanked her worse. That's a guess. With who she's dating now, he knows not much of music besides what he likes to listen to (my guess), and so he wouldn't be trying to get in her career, so it gives her the freedom to do what she wants.

Perhaps so. JD may have tried to play Music Guru with her since he had done so much for Mariah during the time, he tried to get in with Janet's career, and she let him have a little too much reign and it may have tanked her worse. That's a guess. With who she's dating now, he knows not much of music besides what he likes to listen to (my guess), and so he wouldn't be trying to get in her career, so it gives her the freedom to do what she wants.

this probably the the scenario that happened ...he thinks what worked for mariah would work for janet and it tanked...but wissam is not invloved so she making decisions which she wants

did janet have a different manager(ment) after all for you era ?

I believe she got a new team some time before or after Superbowl, or the whole DJ era in general. She needs to get her AFY team back because they were on point with the promo.

what do you think if any are the best career decision's she made during the time line she was JD?

There really is no "best decision", per se, but more so a number of decisions. The most obvious would still holding her head up despite stupid people frowning down on her. Not spazing out and acting like Britney Spears did in 2005-2007. Another good decision was going with an R&B/Hip-Hop album. This was strategy in that the pop side of Virgin was not supporting her, as she has stated a number of times. If she hadn't, that album wasn't gonna scan what 20YO did. It also helped reestablish Janet's name as one of the leading women of R&B. Another good decision was to not tour. Granted she was in better position to tour than say Discipline, she wouldn't have been able to sell an arena/stadium without a substantial hit or any good press.

what was her biggest career mistake during that time frame ?

The biggest mistake was apologizing for Superbowl. She should have got up there and been Damita Jo, "Yeah I popped my titty out and the fuck what? :coffee: " (at least that's what I would have done :filenails:). Not touring after DJ wasn't smart. If she had went on tour, she wouldn't have had to deal with all of the press and she could have focused on the tour. It would have reminded ppl of why she is who she is, and why they shouldn't let a nipple slip alter their opinions of her. Another mistake was alienating her international fan base with 20YO. It's like she totally forgot about them. She should have just said fuck the US and appealed to her international fans. That would have kept her connected to the audience that would be supportive, since everywhere else in the world is less censored than the US.

Disclaimer : i am in no way bashing etc. JD as i know he probably has alot of fans .here .as the s

There's only one person who doesn't like JD here, and she has already posted in this thread. :whistle:

There's only one person who doesn't like JD here, and she has already posted in this thread. :whistle:

Since I'm the only female (that I know of) in the thread, I'd like to say that I have no personal opinion when it comes to him on his own. I am indifferent. :coffee:

Hmmm, good discussion going here.

Well, firstly, bad things, the way she presented herself within this time was too 'simple', it seemed like she had nothing to say and only wanted to talk about her love for JD (in her music and interviews). She was acting too much like one of those giddy teenagers with no responsiblities and ignorant about life out of her little teen romance. (I know harsh but true). I mean, don't get me wrong, it was sweet for one era, but for 3 it just got boring.

Secondly, she made a bad decision going in for that tennese film and putting on that weight. It really was detrimental to her physical abilities and appearance, too much bulk from fat turned to muscle. For a period she did look tired and ageing. And its really only now she's worked that excess off through touring.

Thirdly, for some reason still unknown to us, she completely aliented countries outside America. No promo at all. Something was definitely wrong with her management. Worst is she didn't even seem to acknowledge this, not even on her website. It was like she didn't even know she had fans outside the US. You'd think pre Damita Jo global artist Janet never existed.

Fourthly, similar to what I first said, she just wasn't the 'control' diva that we once knew and have again (I believe). She didn't seem in control of anything. This was never a good look for her as she is known for being the independent woman.

Now good things, well, the hype surrounding each project at the BEGINNING was well placed. Many exciting rumours, and exclusives for fans (although usually only US fans).

Some of the music on her post DJ albums was actually really good.

Thats it I think lol.

I believe she got a new team some time before or after Superbowl, or the whole DJ era in general. She needs to get her AFY team back because they were on point with the promo.

There really is no "best decision", per se, but more so a number of decisions. The most obvious would still holding her head up despite stupid people frowning down on her. Not spazing out and acting like Britney Spears did in 2005-2007. Another good decision was going with an R&B/Hip-Hop album. This was strategy in that the pop side of Virgin was not supporting her, as she has stated a number of times. If she hadn't, that album wasn't gonna scan what 20YO did. It also helped reestablish Janet's name as one of the leading women of R&B. Another good decision was to not tour. Granted she was in better position to tour than say Discipline, she wouldn't have been able to sell an arena/stadium without a substantial hit or any good press.

The biggest mistake was apologizing for Superbowl. She should have got up there and been Damita Jo, "Yeah I popped my titty out and the fuck what? :coffee: " (at least that's what I would have done :filenails:). Not touring after DJ wasn't smart. If she had went on tour, she wouldn't have had to deal with all of the press and she could have focused on the tour. It would have reminded ppl of why she is who she is, and why they shouldn't let a nipple slip alter their opinions of her. Another mistake was alienating her international fan base with 20YO. It's like she totally forgot about them. She should have just said fuck the US and appealed to her international fans. That would have kept her connected to the audience that would be supportive, since everywhere else in the world is less censored than the US.

Well, firstly, bad things, the way she presented herself within this time was too 'simple', it seemed like she had nothing to say and only wanted to talk about her love for JD (in her music and interviews). She was acting too much like one of those giddy teenagers with no responsiblities and ignorant about life out of her little teen romance. (I know harsh but true). I mean, don't get me wrong, it was sweet for one era, but for 3 it just got boring.

Secondly, she made a bad decision going in for that tennese film and putting on that weight. It really was detrimental to her physical abilities and appearance, too much bulk from fat turned to muscle. For a period she did look tired and ageing. And its really only now she's worked that excess off through touring.

Thirdly, for some reason still unknown to us, she completely aliented countries outside America. No promo at all. Something was definitely wrong with her management. Worst is she didn't even seem to acknowledge this, not even on her website. It was like she didn't even know she had fans outside the US. You'd think pre Damita Jo global artist Janet never existed.

Fourthly, similar to what I first said, she just wasn't the 'control' diva that we once knew and have again (I believe). She didn't seem in control of anything. This was never a good look for her as she is known for being the independent woman.

Now good things, well, the hype surrounding each project at the BEGINNING was well placed. Many exciting rumours, and exclusives for fans (although usually only US fans).

Some of the music on her post DJ albums was actually really good.

Thats it I think lol.

great great points

^This. Couldn't agree more.

i just heard she fired her long time manager right after the super bowl and got a new one here the quote for the xoners "

As for managers, Janet was with Roger Davies (manager of Tina Turner, Sade and Cher) until Damita Jo, after that release she switched to Johnny Wright/Kenneth Crear. Didn't really help though. I think she should have stayed with him... he knows what he's doing!"

I personally think she has. I love her 2000s music, especially "Enjoy" which had a really good message.

Even though it was cut short, the Rock Witchu Tour was a great way to reconnect with us fans again. The setlist was perfect IMO, and it was the best concert I ever attended. :blush: At the very least, it was a good way to test out of the waters before embarking on the UCAP Tour some years later.

She also returned to acting with WDIGM, proving she still has talent in that field. Tyler Perry movies may not exactly be Oscar-worthy, but she still won accolades for her role.

Also I have to say it was her brother's tragic death which helped bring her back into a positive light, which just so happened to be around the same time she and JD broke up.

Whose been her manager since the number ones release? Is it still Kenneth crear?

I really don't understand what is so difficult about managing an artist, especially Janet. It should be easy to get things done and to a high standard.

What the hell was going on that they couldn't even inform fans about things she's doing. I mean how dumb is that lol.

Plus, wtf is so hard about booking flights and interviews/performances across the globe to promote the album? Bubbles the monkey could've done that better during the 20 Y.O/Discipline era.

A name like Janet should've easy.

Why couldn't they just invest money towards radio play and video play, and just pay them to play her. People lying telling me that doesn't happen and it's all up to the stations. I'm sorry but if I wasnt get played but other well known female singers were id be phoning up the station asking why not! Doing a Whitney live on air, and tell them to start playing my records or I'll sue on the grounds of discrimination. Lol

Archived