Did Janet Make Any Great Career Decisions Whiles With Jd

Idrag4mj

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Ummm hun, no i didn't. Why would i give you a negative, if i agree with your indifference over roach JD? :blink:>_<

Plus, i went over my limit giving negatives to all of Austin's posts earlier today. :filenails:

Roach? *dies* :lmao:

But, I'm sorry :( I should have been more polite and asked. Newbie, always gotta be on the defense -_-

There's a limit? :huh:

I think JD had her too dickmatized. I felt the she'd rather be fucking him than record and it reflected in how her projects were handled at that time. Just an utter lack of motivation to do much. Now that he's out the picture, she seems more focus and you see it's benefits.

But there was no good decision, though she could have made worse decisions.

Janet made good decisions and bad decisions, but I don't really care to get into what good and bad decisions she made. lol

I will say that it's obvious that everything that transpired from the fallout of the super bowl REALLY threw Janet off. Janet probably kept her sanity because of her happiness with JD and their relationship.

Alot of people blame JD, but the situation itself was just completely fucked up and no other artist (that I can think of) has really dealt with anything like it.

The only other thing I wanted to add concerns Janet's international promo. You all forget Janet was everywhere promoting "Damita Jo" when it was first released. As far as award shows and talk shows, that's probably the MOST Janet has EVER performed for one project (inside and outside the US).

The trouble (internationally) came with 20YO. By that time Virgin wasn't doing it's job promoting Janet. Let's not forget it was partially because of JD that "Call On Me" did so well on Urban stations. He was the head of the Urban division of Virgin, and that was the only division of the label that truly promoted Janet and 20YO.

Hence, the reason Janet went to LA Reid and Def Jam, who also failed Janet in the promo department...and on some levels even more so than Virgin. Janet herself spoke about the issue saying "The artist can't do it by themselves" (Paraphrase). She was referring to promotion in general, but specifically about why promo was so bad internationally.

So as far as promo on an international level is concerned, Janet didn't have the necessary support...

Janet made good decisions and bad decisions, but I don't really care to get into what good and bad decisions she made. lol

I will say that it's obvious that everything that transpired from the fallout of the super bowl REALLY threw Janet off. Janet probably kept her sanity because of her happiness with JD and their relationship.

Alot of people blame JD, but the situation itself was just completely fucked up and no other artist (that I can think of) has really dealt with anything like it.

The only other thing I wanted to add concerns Janet's international promo. You all forget Janet was everywhere promoting "Damita Jo" when it was first released. As far as award shows and talk shows, that's probably the MOST Janet has EVER performed for one project (inside and outside the US).

The trouble (internationally) came with 20YO. By that time Virgin wasn't doing it's job promoting Janet. Let's not forget it was partially because of JD that "Call On Me" did so well on Urban stations. He was the head of the Urban division of Virgin, and that was the only division of the label that truly promoted Janet and 20YO.

Hence, the reason Janet went to LA Reid and Def Jam, who also failed Janet in the promo department...and on some levels even more so than Virgin. Janet herself spoke about the issue saying "The artist can't do it by themselves" (Paraphrase). She was referring to promotion in general, but specifically about why promo was so bad internationally.

So as far as promo on an international level is concerned, Janet didn't have the necessary support...

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

It also didn't help that her quality of music started to decline. JD wanted her to really focus on her urban market, which would have been fine, but Janet is more than just urban. She is a pop star. Artistically they were very different and should have never worked together.

The best career move Janet made while dating JD was to do the WDIGM franchise. Other than that.......

Archived