Shells on the Sea Shore

Reyna ♔

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man. The gods loved him because men hated him.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

If a plant cannot live according to its nature; it dies; and so man.- Henry David Thoreau

If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.- Henry David Thoreau

All goes onward and outward, nothing collapses, And to die is different from what any one supposed, and luckier.

Nature without check with original energy. -Walt Whitman

In the world's broad field of battle, In the bivouac of Life, Be not like dumb, driven cattle! Be a hero in the strife! -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

We hold these truths to be self evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness -Thomas Jefferson

In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you. - Janet Jackson

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world. - Abraham Lincoln

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. - Winston Churchill

I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps. - Mohandas Gandhi

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. -Edgar Allan Poe

Listen to the mustn'ts, child.

Listen to the don'ts.

Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts.

Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me...

Anything can happen, child. Anything can be. - Shel Silverstein

Some people see things as they are and ask “why?”. I dream things that have never been and ask “why not?”. - JFK

How is it that little children are so intelligent and men so stupid? It must be education that does it. -Alexandre Dumas

I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too. – Elizabeth 1

Immortality is not measured in length of life but in depth of life – Emerson

My utterance is mighty, I am more powerful than the ghosts; may they have no power over me.-Egyptian Book of the Dead

I will not be triumphed over-Cleopatra

Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life.

Ludwig van Beethoven

Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye but the dance lives on. In those moments, I felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists. I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation. I keep on dancing until there is only . . . the dance. – Michael Jackson

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

— The Mad Hatter"

INVITATION

If you are a dreamer, come in.

If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,

A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer . . .

If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,

For we have some flax golden tales to spin.

Come in!

Come in!

-Shel Silverstein

I love Shel Silverstein! You just brought me back to my childhood. -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW9Z8nYY-_A

Translation: I will go east and go west

[to the place] from whence came

the moon and the sun

The moon and the sun will go

and the young man

with his reputation behind him

I will go wherever he came from

the young man with his reputation behind him.

Gosh, I remember my papous playing this song for me when I was little. It always relaxed me. Still does. Now, it's a theme for me. I might make a Vocaroo of me singing this, just for the love of it.

Archived