Cassie & Ryan Leslie

LyricalLesson

I was just listening to this station on satellite radio that just played "Kiss Me" by Cassie & Ryan Leslie. After it played, I was shocked because the DJ was saying the SAME thing about Cassie/Ryan Leslie as I have been for the past couple years. Ryan Leslie made tasty, refreshing and thirst quenching lemonade from tiny, bland, and un-ripe lemons concerning Cassie.

It broke my heart when Cassie butchered the hell out of easy-as-hell-to-sing-even-if-you-have-half-a-voice "Me & U"...TWICE on national television. Up until that point, I defended her and told everyone she could sing, to just listen to songs like "Just One Night", "Miss Your Touch" and the aforementioned "Kiss Me" and you'll see that this girl has a smooth, innocent yet capable vocal...

Cassie proved she can't sing. She proved that Ryan is a BEAST in the studio, taking her dismal voice, and making it mad appealing. Her debut album was great...Ryan's sometimes complex/sometimes simple but always brilliant beats in combination with the swagger he created for her, along with his influence in the vocal.

I'm irritated that she actually garnered comparisons to Janet out the gate. -_-

I actually really like Cassie, the point of this thread isn't to bash her. The point I'm getting to is this: if Cassie really wants to ever be relevant again, she should find Ryan Leslie, appologize to him for jumping ship and running to Diddy (who, in typical fashion pretty much :censored: up her career), kiss and make up, and BEG him to work his magic for her...because if she doesn't have Ryan Leslie behind her, she really has nothing. That's essentially what the DJ said...which was crazy to me because that's what I've been saying since her the songs from her never-released 2nd album were leaking.

the talented Mr. Leslie :excited:

I still want him and janet to work togeather

cassie? (mariah I don't know her gif) :coffee:

He's the shit, I wish he'd get more props because the dude is one of the illest in the game right now.

:lol: Did you ever hear her album "Cassie" ? Boi, it's really good...I always say that this album is nothing but a female Ryan Leslie album. Written by him, produced by him, SUNG JUST EXACTLY AS HE WOULD, even the pro-tooled vibrato...she was definitely his protegé. Not even knocking her, because it was flattering as hell to her.

"Just One Nite", "Kiss Me", "Miss Your Touch", "Can't Do It Without You", "Call U Out", "Me & U", "What Do You Want From Me", "Long Way To Go"...it's really a VERY solid debut, very good :excited:

:cry: I seen a youtube video of him producing his music..soooooooooo talented.. :blush:

He writes, composes, produces, and sings.. :blush:

I think you're talking about the same video I'm trippin about :excited: yeah, he shocked the hell outta me with that one :w00t:

AND HE RAPS! R-Les

The dude is a musical monster, I would kill to work with him, he can do it all!

I think you're talking about the same video I'm trippin about :excited: yeah, he shocked the hell outta me with that one :w00t:

AND HE RAPS! R-Les

The dude is a musical monster, I would kill to work with him, he can do it all!

Post it! So I can get my life!! :excited::excited:

In the meantime, I'll play "Shouldn't Have to Wait".. :wub::wub:

He's the shit, I wish he'd get more props because the dude is one of the illest in the game right now.

:lol: Did you ever hear her album "Cassie" ? Boi, it's really good...I always say that this album is nothing but a female Ryan Leslie album. Written by him, produced by him, SUNG JUST EXACTLY AS HE WOULD, even the pro-tooled vibrato...she was definitely his protegé. Not even knocking her, because it was flattering as hell to her.

"Just One Nite", "Kiss Me", "Miss Your Touch", "Can't Do It Without You", "Call U Out", "Me & U", "What Do You Want From Me", "Long Way To Go"...it's really a VERY solid debut, very good :excited:

I've heard most of the songs you named and love them all. But cassie's attitude turned me off of her. But that ryan him and janet should b locked in a studio for a while and work on some stuff

diamond girl >>>>>>>>>>>>almost every male pop and r&b song out this year

Post it! So I can get my life!! :excited::excited:

In the meantime, I'll play "Shouldn't Have to Wait".. :wub::wub:

:lmao: :lmao: Aaaah, I can't find the one I'm talking about! I'ma keep looking though. He's got a bunch of beat making videos on youtube, I didn't know he had so many, they're ALL good too :w00t:

:wub: "Shouldn't Have To Wait"

I'll never understand why Ryan isn't a mega-star. -_-

:lmao: :lmao: Aaaah, I can't find the one I'm talking about! I'ma keep looking though. He's got a bunch of beat making videos on youtube, I didn't know he had so many, they're ALL good too :w00t:

:wub: "Shouldn't Have To Wait"

I'll never understand why Ryan isn't a mega-star. -_-

And plus he's a fine looking brotha(from Canada).. :blush:

I've heard most of the songs you named and love them all. But cassie's attitude turned me off of her. But that ryan him and janet should b locked in a studio for a while and work on some stuff

diamond girl >>>>>>>>>>>>almost every male pop and r&b song out this year

I haven't really seen very many interviews of Cassie, so I haven't really noticed an attitude. I did see that original raunchy video of "Me & U" though :lmao: made me laugh so hard I cried. She seemed like a sweet girl to me. Then the whole nude photos, cheatin and creepin with Diddy thing, and kicking Ryan to the curb. I guess that made me like her less.

Man, I completely over-looked when you originally stated that Ryan and Janet should work together. HELL YEAH :excited: I can only imagine how perfect those tracks would turn out! I also want to see Janet work with Rich Harrison again...and have those tracks actually MAKE it onto an album. He got Janet to bring out that voice that we all knew she still had with "What Can I Say" :wub:

"Diamond Girl" is excellent, he is killin' the R&B dudes, but can't get shine for whatever reason. That's why I hate "popular" music...over crowding the real quality stuff, just because of the name of the artist. -_-

I was happy to see that he's nominated for a Grammy though :w00t:

i forgot how good that song was :blush:

It's really a shame that it wasn't a single, I think her camp made a mistake in releasing "Long Way To Go" as the 2nd single -_- even though I like that song, "Kiss Me" is far more superior, as is "Just One Night".

"Kiss Me" really is one of the illest slow jams of 2007 for me :blush:

It's really a shame that it wasn't a single, I think her camp made a mistake in releasing "Long Way To Go" as the 2nd single -_- even though I like that song, "Kiss Me" is far more superior, as is "Just One Night".

"Kiss Me" really is one of the illest slow jams of 2007 for me :blush:

it shoulda been

kiss me

long way to go

just 1 night

:blush:

Care to elaborate...I ain't opposed to hearin' about your...extra curricular activities, Bze... :whistle::blush::ph34r:

That is a sexy sexy SEXY ass song though. The beat is so seductive, and Cassie & Ryan's voices ride the beat like whoa!

all i'll say is that we both ended up naked on the beach and it was heavenly lol...we were in Grand Cayman visiting my family....chile lol...that damn song