The Ingrid Michaelson Appreciation Thread

eli's_rhythm

I've been falling slowly for her over the past year.

(Yeah I know it's a Cheryl Cole song but Ingrid wrote it herself)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE3fM28iFVk

She remains ridiculously underrated and relatively unknown.

To me, she's the best example of Starbucks folksky pop. She shits on Sara Bareilles and Vanessa Carlton or whoever else you want to put her up against. (Not Feist or Regina Spektor, so shut up.)

Enjoy.

I have & love The Way I Am & Maybe, thx for posting Parachute cuz I never got around to listening to it before :lol:

I'm glad I could enlighten you. "Keep Breathing" used to be my favorite Ingrid song, but "Parachute" has become such an addiction for me. Ever since I heard the "real" version (Cheryl's) and then found Ingrid's, I've been hooked.

You might appreciate this:

weird, i was just listening to her albums yesterday :lol:

i love her but most of the time i need to be in the mood to play her. Girls & Boys is my fav album

Corner of Your Heart :wub:

Breakable :wub:

Glass :wub:

If you like her you should try Emiliana Torrini, Regina Spektor, Stina Nordenstam (she's a more experimental artist) etc :wub:

I only know Regina, of those, and I adore her. What do you recommend from the other two?

i don't know if you like it mellow or not so i'm just going to post 2 of my favs :lol:

Emiliana has a lot of "dancie" stuff but i prefer her like this

As for Stina, she is one of my all time favs, i LOVE her unique voice :wub: When it comes to Stina, my fav track always change, but right now this is the one

i spend all day grooving to this ._.

check out Little Star as well (just for the honesty of her voice/lyrics)

Archived