The Ultimate Warrior gives body slam to Wall Street Occupiers!!!

King Baby

I thought he was dead but...  

4 members have voted

1. 1. but anyways...does he make a point?

• yes
    • no
    • undecided

Wrestling legend Ultimate Warrior just called BS on the hordes of hipsters behind Occupy Wall Street -- telling TMZ, they're a bunch of poseurs, fueling the same corporate giant they're trying to take down.

In an ultra-rare appearance in full make-up, Warrior -- real name Brian Hellwig -- tells us, "I find it a little ironic that most of these kids own iPads and iPhones and all these material things. They're a big part of the consumerism that goes on in this country."

Warrior adds, "The biggest statement you can make is not to participate in the consumerism of it all. Don't buy the stuff. Start living your own life. Practice what you preach."

We never thought we'd say this, but the man's got a point.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/01/ultimate-warrior-occupy-wall-street-apple-ipad-video/?adid=rr_tmzsports

i agree with what he said. we live in a society that instills the will of material possession into its citizens...then you got people who are always trying to get the latest version of this or the latest version of that. once people free themselves from that kind of thinking, the better we will all be.

I said the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I was in a photo shop in DC and a couple of protesters walked in looking scraggly and scruffy, but the guy had an iPad, MacBook Pro, $6000 in camera equipment, and was buying a $2000 lens. I get the principle behind the protests, but how can you be part of an anti-capitalist movement walking around with $10K in merchandise from these companies who prop a system you oppose?

He has a point to an extent. The best way to take a hit at big companies is to stop by their goods and merchandise. but that creates a double edged sword because if those companies don't make money, people will lose their jobs. The irony of the the whole movement is that BIG companies and corporations keep people employed. Plus Ultimate Warrior is genralizing. Yes some of the protesters are hipsters with ipods and laptops. But a lot of them "here in the bay" are people who have been unemplyed for months, as well as a lot of working class folks.

Archived