Juvenile: "This Industry Is 5% Talent, 95% Business"

janetDAYZ

Juvenile chopped it up with HipHopDX shortly after he finished his performance at SOB's in New York City. This performance marked the first time in eight years that he has been on stage for his fans.

During his interview with HipHopDX, Juvenile spoke about how he feels like every single decision you make in the music industry can either make or break your entire career. According to Juvenile, the music industry is 5% talent, 95% business.

"In some situations you've got to learn from your own experiences. But with me, I just try to explain to them that it's really 5% talent and 95% business. It's all about putting yourself in the right situation and marketing yourself right and surrounding yourself with good people. It's staying away from things that's gonna cause negativity in what you've got going on. It's all about making the right decisions because a three second mistake can mess up the rest of your life. I try to make them pay attention to what's going on in the world and take heed to that and make sure they're doing the right thing."

Source: hiphopdx.com

Archived