Dayz, Bu, and other fans of the "Aaliyah" album...let's discuss, in depth

LyricalLesson

Whether one wants to discredit Aaliyah's impact and/or contribution to the music world, can be a debateable topic but what cant be debated is that the "Aaliyah" album was undoubtedly a young woman(ahead of her time and sound) making a masterpiece full of promises and not only did she DELIVER on those promises but withthis effort she also showcased growth,fearlessness,and edge. Brandy nor Monica have an album that can even come CLOSE to what this album showcased. Afrodisiac was cute try but NO CIGAR..I'm afraid. The album is so fucking organic it satisfies every craving you could possbly have.Its truly something for everbody. I could talk about how this album is better than anything THEN or NOW ALL DAY...but I digress...lol. this is the FIRST album that made me listen to music in a different way than I ever had before (inside OUT,if you will).Not ONE thing about that album sounds dated or 11 year old..AT ALL. The album has no expiration date and seems as though it never will.

I love the WHOLE entire album collectively but "I Can Be" is my absolute FAVORITE for so many reasons...we'd be here all day.

Its a total masterpiece but then again most of her albums were great. "One In A Million" was way before its time as well and still sounds current to me. :thumbup:

Please, Full Moon and afridisiac were both better than Aaliyah. The album was good but had too much filler

But Full Moon and Afrodisiac had lots of filler too lol...mainly Full Moon. I do think Aaliyah had some filler but I seriously think it was ahead of its time.

But Full Moon and Afrodisiac had lots of filler too lol...mainly Full Moon. I do think Aaliyah had some filler but I seriously think it was ahead of its time.

It definitely was, and the videos and choreography she was doing were as well. Don't get me wrong, I loved some of the songs from the album. But when full moon came out, songs like what about us were ahead of their time too. It did have filler, but some of the best brandy songs too - Nothing is still amazing to this day and I love wow and he is, songs which some might consider filler

It definitely was, and the videos and choreography she was doing were as well. Don't get me wrong, I loved some of the songs from the album. But when full moon came out, songs like what about us were ahead of their time too. It did have filler, but some of the best brandy songs too - Nothing is still amazing to this day and I love wow and he is, songs which some might consider filler

Full Moon is my favourite album by Brandy. I hate that people shade it so much <_<! Anybody, Nothing, When You Touch Me :wub:. Love Wouldn't Count Me Out is so beautiful. I love Wow too! Ugh it's just perfection to me.

Full Moon is my favourite album by Brandy. I hate that people shade it so much <_<! Anybody, Nothing, When You Touch Me :wub:. Love Wouldn't Count Me Out is so beautiful. I love Wow too! Ugh it's just perfection to me.

I love singing to the song full moon. Her voice is so smooth! I love afridisiac album too - focus made so much sense at one point in my life :) and should I go is beautiful.

I love singing to the song full moon. Her voice is so smooth! I love afridisiac album too - focus made so much sense at one point in my life :) and should I go is beautiful.

Her harmonies are to die for. I just love what she does with her voice. Did you like Human?

Her harmonies are to die for. I just love what she does with her voice. Did you like Human?

I didn't as really disappointed with human when I first heard it but the albums defo a grower. Piano man, fall, 1st n love are all great songs. There isn't a brandy album that isn't good really. I just hope the new one is better than the 2 songs I've heard so far

YES. That's my fav from that album :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

:blink::lmao: :lmao: "Full Moon" and "Afrodisiac" cannot hold a candle to "Aaliyah"...and I think "Afrodisiac" is a great album. But I have always said that I think Tim was living Aaliyah's life variously through Brandy with his tracks on that record. Some of those songs were tailor-made for Aaliyah, ESPECIALLY the PHENOMENAL "I Tried". It is my favorite Brandy song, but every time I hear it, I get the feeling that it was intended for Aaliyah.

The very minimal filler on the Aaliyah album is much less copious than the filler on both of the aforementioned Brandy albums, IMO of course. Neither of them flow as well, and neither appeal to all of the senses. Full Moon was generic R&B. Afrodisiac was MUCH better. But neither was a "complete experience" like Aaliyah. Brandy, nor any of her contemporaries, have an album of that caliber in their catalogues.

Whether one wants to discredit Aaliyah's impact and/or contribution to the music world, can be a debateable topic but what cant be debated is that the "Aaliyah" album was undoubtedly a young woman(ahead of her time and sound) making a masterpiece full of promises and not only did she DELIVER on those promises but withthis effort she also showcased growth,fearlessness,and edge. Brandy nor Monica have an album that can even come CLOSE to what this album showcased. Afrodisiac was cute try but NO CIGAR..I'm afraid. The album is so fucking organic it satisfies every craving you could possbly have.Its truly something for everbody. I could talk about how this album is better than anything THEN or NOW ALL DAY...but I digress...lol. this is the FIRST album that made me listen to music in a different way than I ever had before (inside OUT,if you will).Not ONE thing about that album sounds dated or 11 year old..AT ALL. The album has no expiration date and seems as though it never will.

I love the WHOLE entire album collectively but "I Can Be" is my absolute FAVORITE for so many reasons...we'd be here all day.

PERFECT ANALYSIS :clapping::excited:

Track #3: "Rock The Boat"

RTB is a bonafied classic, and it's the epitome of CLASS. Sexy done classy. This young 21 year old woman belied her age, and was successfully able to make an extremely suggestive and potentially explicit song a feel-good experience. The video fit the song to a T, you get a laid back, chill, soothing, summery vibe when listening. Watching the video is hard though, because you can't get out of your mind that it was filmed literally days before she was tragically taken from this life. And I, personally, get an angelic-feeling from Aaliyah in certain parts of the video, specifically the scenes in the ocean.

This song seems to be well loved within the R&B community, from fans and non-fans alike. :)

Archived