Barbra Streisand comes home to Brooklyn!

Kim

BARBRA STREISAND COMES HOME: Brooklyn's Favorite Daughter to Perform at Barclays Center

The Brooklyn-born and raised, world-acclaimed superstar will perform a concert on Thursday, October 11th, in Brooklyn at Barclays Center, the new 19,000-seat sports and entertainment venue.

Streisand will be making a triumphant return to her native borough. Raised in the Flatbush neighborhood and a graduate of Erasmus Hall High School, Streisand will perform publicly for the first time in Brooklyn.

Streisand stated, "Brooklyn to me means the Loews Kings, Erasmus, the Yeshiva I went to, the Dodgers, Prospect Park, great Chinese food. I'm so glad I came from Brooklyn‚ down to earth. I guess you CAN come home again."

----

2whdwt1.gif

I NEED TO BE THERE. :cry:

BARBRA STREISAND COMES HOME: Brooklyn's Favorite Daughter to Perform at Barclays Center

The Brooklyn-born and raised, world-acclaimed superstar will perform a concert on Thursday, October 11th, in Brooklyn at Barclays Center, the new 19,000-seat sports and entertainment venue.

Streisand will be making a triumphant return to her native borough. Raised in the Flatbush neighborhood and a graduate of Erasmus Hall High School, Streisand will perform publicly for the first time in Brooklyn.

Streisand stated, "Brooklyn to me means the Loews Kings, Erasmus, the Yeshiva I went to, the Dodgers, Prospect Park, great Chinese food. I'm so glad I came from Brooklyn‚ down to earth. I guess you CAN come home again."

----

2whdwt1.gif

I NEED TO BE THERE. :cry:

Barbra is from Williamsburg, not Flatbush :& :& :&

$53K to see Babs

Something’s not kosher about ticket sales for Barbra Streisand’s “Back to Brooklyn” concert in October, fans of the singer are crying.

Minutes after a pre-sale started last week, tickets were gone — only to turn up on resale sites moments later, avid fans charge.

And now, just days before the May 21 official sale date, resale sites are choked with tickets — with one down-in-front ducat being offer on eBay yesterday for a staggering $53,000!

“I feel like fans do not have any real opportunity to buy tickets at face value,” one long-time Barbra fan, Evan Cohen told The Post.

Barbra Streisand’s return to Brooklyn is giving her fans fits. Pre-sale tickets for her Oct. 11 concert at Barclays Center were snapped up by ticket resellers, leaving diehard fans like Manhattan dentist Evan Cohen out in the cold.

Barbra Streisand’s return to Brooklyn is giving her fans fits. Pre-sale tickets for her Oct. 11 concert at Barclays Center were snapped up by ticket resellers, leaving diehard fans like Manhattan dentist Evan Cohen out in the cold.

The Manhattan dentist said he got online to buy tickets at a Streisand-fan only pre-sale the minute it opened but was shut out.

Thousands of other fans are sounding off on chatboards and Facebook pages.

The brouhaha has reached from Carroll Gardens to California, where Streisand apologized on her website for the ticket snafu.

“We apologize to those who were unable to secure tickets from our limited allotment, and we are doing everything we can to accommodate as many fans as possible,” a statement on her site read.

Streisand’s publicist for the event, Ken Sunshine, told The Post, “Stay tuned, we’re going to rectify the situation.”

The official comment at Streisand’s site, under a photo of the star, told fans to keep checking back.

One Ticketmaster insider explained that the secondary, “spec” sale market is dominated by scalpers who operate through computer generated autobots which grab almost all the tickets and funnel them to resale sites.

This person said Ticketmaster was trying to weed out bad IP addresses to combat the issue and explained that some tickets that are advertised at StubHub simply don’t exist, even though they may advertise a precise row number.

The resellers get tickets for less than the advertised price once they have a buyer.

While some fans did get tickets at the top list price of $650, others were angry about the sell-out situation that has also plagued Bruce Springsteen’s latest tour.

One fan Robin Fass, wrote, “I see some tickets are going for $5,000. That’s ridiculous. Maybe I’ll go see Madonna.”

Ada Diaz wrote, “So scalpers can get tickets but fans can’t. If Barbra wanted to fix this she would cancel all sales and do this over.”

“Crazy, unbelievable,” wrote fan David Stewart.

“This is disgusting and I would have expected more from [barbra]. Does [barbra] know about this?” wrote Adam Mazzuca.

Joemma Streisling added, “Are there actually going to be any tickets left when they go on sale to the general public.”

Brett Yormark, CEO of Barclays Center, said in a statement to The Post, “As much as we’d like to, we can’t control what ticket buyers do with their tickets. Barbra Streisand performing at Barclays Center is a once-in-a-lifetime event and we truly wish we had enough tickets to satisfy this incredible demand.”

Another person close to the event said: “The secondary market has just taken over the way sports and entertainment is sold. Sometimes people monitor prices and ask does it mean we could have charged more and sometimes artists get upset.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/to_see_babs_BWCva5UKzovXCI6qQydCPM#ixzz1v8uKE12N

----

traci1.gif

• Upvote 1