On this day in Janistory!

bu.

18 years ago on this day in Janistory, Janhova released the scriptures of Any Time Any Place and Throb:

Janet_anytime.jpg

ATAP reached #1 on the BBHot R&B chart, BBHot Dance Single Sales Chart, #2 on the BBHot100 chart, #6 in Canada and #13 in the UK.

Throb reached #2 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart.

The joint single ft And on and On as a B side.

• Upvote 2

I'm not entirely sure but if someone could confirm this... I think 17 years ago on this day in Janistory, Janet made history by duetting with her brother Michael. Scream was released on May 23 '95:

SCREAMjacket.jpg

The video is still the most expensive music video made winning various VMAs (Nominated for 11!) and has influenced many videos such as No Scrubs, Shawty Get Loose.

The song charted at #3 on the Hot 100 despite leaking 2 weeks prior

• Upvote 1

I'm not entirely sure but if someone could confirm this... I think 17 years ago on this day in Janistory, Janet made history by duetting with her brother Michael. Scream was released on May 23 '95:

SCREAMjacket.jpg

The video is still the most expensive music video made winning various VMAs (Nominated for 11!) and has influenced many videos such as No Scrubs, Shawty Get Loose.

The song charted at #3 on the Hot 100 despite leaking 2 weeks prior

One of the most legendary and iconic duets in history. :thumbup: Though I actually get the date May 31st for its release. :asham:

Plus, I've always had a little giggle at the cover with Michael screaming but Janet being calm :lol:

One of the most legendary and iconic duets in history. :thumbup: Though I actually get the date May 31st for its release. :asham:

Plus, I've always had a little giggle at the cover with Michael screaming but Janet being calm :lol:

:lol: I wonder which one is the real one? A Google search gave me even more "release dates" :asham:!!

Yeah I always found that funny :lol:. I love that cover :wub:

18 years ago on this day in Janistory, Janhova released the scriptures of Any Time Any Place and Throb:

Janet_anytime.jpg

ATAP reached #1 on the BBHot R&B chart, BBHot Dance Single Sales Chart, #2 on the BBHot100 chart, #6 in Canada and #13 in the UK.

Throb reached #2 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart.

The joint single ft And on and On as a B side.

The live performances on SNL were amazing, but I wish she did much more of them.

I can't listen to/sing ATAP without grinding on something the way Queen was grinding up on that chair.