Music Review - Purpose - Justin Bieber

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Some say 2015 may be the year of the lessor Justin.. Bieber of course. After peaking his first two singles in the First & Second place on Billboard Hot 100, Bieber is releasing his third studio (not including the Xmas shit) this Friday. The album, "Purpose" is one of the most anticipated releases for Q4 2015 so of course a review has to be done. 

*Skipping the singles*

1. Mark My Words - A 2:14 intro to the album with an annoying vocal background as the instrumental. The intro basically catches the listener up to speed on what has been going on with his life and a little message to his ex, Gomez.

2. I'll Show You - Bieber is showing another side of himself. On this track, he's singing about the frustration of being in the entertainment industry. He promises the listener that he'll show him or her the real him. 

3. What Do You Mean? - A funky, island vibe #1 single and first single released over the summer 2015. 

4. Sorry - Another funky, island vibe track, #2 single on Billboard Hot 100. The song was recently released with a dance video featuring Janet Jackson's choreographer, Parris. The track is funky but sounds like the first single.

5. Love Yourself - A very mellow track with a sick trumpet breakdown. The instrumentals are striped down and has this acoustic sound to it. This track is very mellow yet very soothing is a way. The song disses a conceited ex-girlfriend (or bed buddy) whose Bieber's mom didn't care for very much according to the lyrics. A solid song for sure co-written by Ed Sheeran (No wonder it's good)

6. Company  - The 'Netflix & Chill' track of the album. A EDM(?) sort of track that has this retro vibe to it produced by a Norwegian producer. The song is forgettable yet child-like for the 21 year old singer

7. No Pressure feat. Big Sean - I was hoping this was about the industry but of course, Bieber is singing about new love. Another forgettable track. Big Sean brings nothing to the song. You can skip this track asap

8. No Sense feat. Travis Scott - No sense on why this made the album. It doesn't add to the album or anything. The song is about something not making sense unless he's doing xyz with his bae. I had to stop the track during Travis Scott's verse because of the horrible "Kanye West" autotune. 

9. The Feeling feat. Halsey - Halsey adds a great value to this track.. A value missing from the other two collaborations. The song def' has "last single" vibe to it. It's not a terrible song but it's definitely not the a song that will jump up at the listener right away (even Halsey fans)

10. Life is Worth Living - The album's first ballad accompanied by a piano  and it disappoints. The first song that actually is in tune with the "theme" of the entire project. The title basically describes the track as a whole. Bieber is just telling the listener that no matter what you go through. LIWL. 

11. Where Are Ü Now - A very good song that we all know produced by Skrillex & Diplo. 

12. Children - A weirdly place song about "saving the children". I'm not sure why or how it made the album but It was produced by Skrillex and is VERY EDM.  It's a total random song but the beat is sick. 

13. Purpose - Another piano ballad, this one, unlike the other, is actually good. I can't tell if he's referring to his Jesus or Gomez or his mom but who ever he's singing to, it's the perfect ending to a bland album. The song only lasts 2:45 and the rest is spoken word accompanied by a piano. 

In conclusion, the singles are the strongest songs, the rest could have been left off. I didn't bother doing the deluxe version but you can check that out yourself.

6.3/10

I haven't even heard Sorry yet but What Do You Mean got a lot of rotation on my spotify. I don't really care to check his album out though... if future singles catch my interest I'll get into those but... yeah. Just pose nude already. 

it's like the #2 single worldwide and I have never heard of it.. #TwentySixYO