Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Game For Now

The Official #EssenceFest Thread

Recommended Posts

OMG, not playing Runaway and Skin Game 

r8iunUO.gif

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Utopia said:

OMG, not playing Runaway and Skin Game 

r8iunUO.gif

 

Wait... is that good or bad? :asham: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Game For Now said:

Wait... is that good or bad? :asham: 

AMAZING :lol: I LOOVE those two tracks but never thought that she'd ever sing them live again, specially not Skin Game. :lol:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Utopia said:

AMAZING :lol: I LOOVE those two tracks but never thought that she'd ever sing them live again, specially not Skin Game. :lol:  

RIGHT!!! Too bad the lyrics are relevant ??‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't listened to skin game since 93! Somehow it slipped off my radar. I think over the years I forgot it was a SJW song an not a slow Jam based off the name (I know, I'm a bad fan) ?

But shout out whoever the musical director has been for the last couple of tours... They have done an amazing job updating the instrumentation of the songs to make them sound fresh and cohesive. Like the '' get on up'' that runs through about 3-4 songs. Small things like that really stand out to me.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Csmitty said:

I haven't listened to skin game since 93! Somehow it slipped off my radar. I think over the years I forgot it was a SJW song an not a slow Jam based off the name (I know, I'm a bad fan) ?

But shout out whoever the musical director has been for the last couple of tours... They have done an amazing job updating the instrumentation of the songs to make them sound fresh and cohesive. Like the '' get on up'' that runs through about 3-4 songs. Small things like that really stand out to me.

I completely agree the music is given a whole other life with the live mixing I notice all those little things too, I still cant find the PP mixed with Sheila E and what song was Nasty mixed with?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Louisianahotboi said:

Can someone please get me when we ooo and no sleep . Thanks 

THIS!! I need to learn the choreography before Sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

THIS!! I need to learn the choreography before Sunday

How far is Cincinnati for you?  I'm looking at these dates and I dont like driving long distance alone I'd probably fly first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John.... said:

How far is Cincinnati for you?  I'm looking at these dates and I dont like driving long distance alone I'd probably fly first

4hrs which is nothing.. idk I’ve only driven once to and from a concert. I’m gonna get there early bc I want to check out their awesome zoo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

4hrs

oh God......Im so scary I cant ...not alone anyway on a plane sure fly in fly out boom but Ive spent so much money already...its a 4 hour haul from Detroit just looked it up, and of course Im too boogy to do nose bleeds :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John.... said:

oh God......Im so scary I cant ...not alone anyway on a plane sure fly in fly out boom but Ive spent so much money already

Lmao ? I understand.. I’ve drove it before  (to Cincy/Dayton) to visit my bud and it wasn’t so bad.

Im worried bc i got my haircut last Friday, Janet’s tour is Sunday and I’m going out of town on Wednesday of that week ? idk what I’m gonna do ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Game For Now said:

Lmao ? I understand.. I’ve drove it before  (to Cincy/Dayton) to visit my bud and it wasn’t so bad.

Im worried bc i got my haircut last Friday, Janet’s tour is Sunday and I’m going out of town on Wednesday of that week ? idk what I’m gonna do ?

Ima shave mine off tonight that's what you do when you broke :coffee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Louisianahotboi said:

Can someone please get me when we ooo and no sleep . Thanks 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John.... said:

Ima shave mine off tonight that's what you do when you broke :coffee:

Ninja you ain’t broke. You make more than I do in Detroit of all places. GTFO

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Ninja you ain’t broke. You make more than I do in Detroit of all places. GTFO

"broke" is such a relative term my dear, I mean between my car note car insurance and 30 dollar a day meals there's only so much I cannot afford darling

19a7675324f34678c8abd6dfcb5273bc

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Louisianahotboi said:

Thanks game 

he can be sweet sometimes :rolleyes:  but Im hating right now cause he's going to this show and it doesnt look too good right now for me cause shit aint close at allllll :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wait maybe if I message Austin I can join him on the strip and make the money :unsure: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, John.... said:

"broke" is such a relative term my dear, I mean between my car note car insurance and 30 dollar a day meals there's only so much I cannot afford darling

19a7675324f34678c8abd6dfcb5273bc

But yo ass can buy a 39 minute flight? GTFO!!!!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

But yo ass can buy a 39 minute flight? GTFO!!!!!!

I wasn't planning on this, all this stuff requires planning, who knew she was gonna switch it up so damn hard on us? who knew "Skin Game" would be dusted off and bumped ? She's a Goddess of mysterious ways -_-   I mean the set list alone!

2lNEQ63.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shit Sunday is out I just remembered I agreed to work a third shift for the boss, and he takes good care of me so I gotta grease the wheel sorta speak....let me watch some porn and think about things :wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, John.... said:

I wasn't planning on this, all this stuff requires planning, who knew she was gonna switch it up so damn hard on us? who knew "Skin Game" would be dusted off and bumped ? She's a Goddess of mysterious ways -_-   I mean the set list alone!

2lNEQ63.gif

 

BISH!!! You had since SPRING TO PLAN

AND I DIDNY PLAN THIS!!! I literally bought my tickets at 1am

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

BISH!!! You had since SPRING TO PLAN

AND I DIDNY PLAN THIS!!! I literally bought my tickets at 1am

No Gameisha I wasn't planning to see this show, I really imagined it would be the same thing with a few changes, she switched it up! Enough where Id like to see the newest edition

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×