InStyle Janet Jacksons Favourite Things

Amy

For more than four decades, Janet Jackson has captivated audiences with her catchy vocals, epic dance moves, and megawatt smile. Even after all this time, her stage presence is downright unbeatable — thanks, largely in part, to her one-of-a-kind concert wardrobes. Though the 52-year-old singer established herself as a style icon in her own right long ago, we constantly find ourselves impressed by her bold fashion choices — both on stage and off.

For InStyle’s October issue, we asked our cover star to dish on all of her style staples, including her footwear faves, signature sunglasses, and the piece of jewelry she’s coveting right now (there’s a sweet story behind it). And we didn’t stop at her fashion essentials. Jackson spilled on all of her current favorites across the board, from the beauty products and travel items she swears by and her most “Escapade”-worthy getaway spots to the book she reads to her 1-year-old son on repeat. Scroll down for 17 of her top picks, and for more stories like this, pick up the October issue of InStyle, available on newsstands, on Amazon, and for digital download Sept. 14.

Signature Shades

"Tom Ford sunglasses."

Dressing Room Must-Have

"Diptyque Tubéreuse candle."

Wardrobe Staples

"Rick Owens everything!"

Go-to Snack

"SkinnyPop popcorn."

Jewelry Obsession

“The Tiffany & Co. Loving Heart bracelet my dancer Dominique and her mother gave me.”

janet-jackson-favorite-things-012.jpg?it

Lip Service

"Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm."

Top Travel Spot

"Tokyo. Or any beautiful island."

Hottest Heels

"Christian Louboutin, Azzedine Alaia, and Rick Owens."

Ideal Meal

"Tiger prawns at Kai Mayfair in London."

Mane Must-Have

"Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Conditioner."

Story Time

“My son’s favorite at the moment, Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star.

Cool Carryall

"My Yohji Yamamoto backpack."

Dream Hotel

"Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills."

Eyebrow MVP

"Maybelline."

Style Icons

"Katherine Hepburn and Lana Turner."

Travel Necessities

"Honest Hand Sanitizer in Grapefruit Grove and my Ralph Lauren cashmere travel blanket."

Most admired designer

"My friend, Alexander Wang."