The Dream Thread

RedSimba

No not The-Dream, but the general term lol

So I find dreams fascinating. Feel free to share any crazy or even boring dreams you've had here. I thought I'd start it off with a survey I made if you'd like to answer lol...

1. What's the earliest dream you remember? I was in my old house and adult-sized, at least tall enough I could see the counter. Anyway, I was opening a red milk carton and it made a "hmph!" noise. It was really weird lol

2. Can you lucid dream? Usually I can't. Whatever I dream is what I'm stuck with lol ~ very rarely have I ever been able to control my dreams, and it takes about 3 seconds to kick in.

3. Any sad dreams? Of course dreams where people die ~ especially when you know them personally.

4. Scary dreams? When I was younger, I had a recurring dreams of these possessed emergency lights with long legs. I was forced to sit in front of them as they kicked me in the shins (even though I instigated it kicking them back first because I was so scared of them lol). It's hilarious to me now, but at the time I was beyond horrified to the point I didn't wanna sleep alone.

5. Best dream quote: My best friend Daz, he's releasing an album called The Movie. Well a lot of crazy stuff happened and then suddenly he said, "Stop talking about cats and missing the bus and listen up to The Movie!" :lol: It was so random but for some reason it's one of my all time favorite dream quotes.

6. Were any dreams premonitions? You know what, yes! Last summer, I dreamt Mariah uploaded a new single as well as a jazzy piano song to YouTube. Not only did she upload "Triumphant" but later on she uploaded a video of her singing impromptu jazz. That was crazy.

Another crazy one, I dreamt of track 4 off Tracie Spencer's debut album, she was actually giving shoutouts to people on this forum at the time, and it turned out to be called "In My Dreams." I didn't even know what it was called at the time lol.

7. Funny dream? I've had so many of those; almost all of them are funny if you're into randomness lol. Shoot, Even my scary childhood dreams are funny to me now lol ~ *sigh* you can tell I lived an overly-sheltered life if friggin emergency lights were the scariest thing to me lol.

8. Most random dream: Are you kidding me? Where do I even begin?! Off the top of my head: Pink elephants in mine shafts, a Tom and Jerry pizza party as part of a space mission captained by Marvin Gaye, Janet's dancers in animal/vegetable costumes voting on 5-star dishes, President Obama throwing a couple cheeseburgers at the audience, Super Mario gathering crystals to form masks for Grace Jones... trust me, it's a jungle out there (Grandmaster Flash reference lol)

9. First celebrity dream: Janet! :wub: We were on a flight to Turkmenistan lol

10. Cartoon dream? Yeah I actually dream I interact with cartoons too lol... I would say the Toys R Us giraffe, Geoffrey, was the first, but he was actually in live-action form lol.

So after that, my first cartoon dream I remember was Jerry Mouse. It took place way out west (like the Kurtis Blow song, altho I didn't know the song at the time lol). He was in a cowboy hat and everything. He ran to a record player to crank the handle, and it played Blues Travelers' "Run Around." Suddenly, all these cartoons came out of the woodworks doing country-line dances to it lol. 15 years later, I would have a similar dream with Mickey Mouse and cartoon friends dancing to Kurtis Blow's "Party Time." I tweeted it to Kurtis and he and someone else actually retweeted it! They probably think I need to seek mental help lol.

11. Who appears in your dreams the most? Since the beginning of 2005, when I've started recorded my dreams in log, I've recorded at least 40 instances each of Janet and Mariah. It's like at this point, I expect them to show up. :lol: I'm an obsessive madman but hey, us obsessive madmen have feelings too you know lol

12. Hottest dream: Janet and me on a high-speed train ... I'll just leave it at that. :P

13. Dirtiest dream: Well this one was only dirty in the verbal sense, not the physical sense. I was at church, and this woman told us all to sing a song. The first line was "Come. 69 beggars at the door" and it was so hilarious I actually woke up laughing lol.

14. Ever dream you were someone else? I actually have had dreams where I was another character. Off the top of my head, I was Super Mario, Tom from "Tom & Jerry," Slick Rick and Will Smith lol. One interpretation claims it's dreaming of the self in a past life... great, I guess that means I'll be a cyclops subjected to cartoon violence lol.

15. Embarrassing dreams: Of course I'm sure we all had them. I was going to take this more recent one to my grave, but I did tell my best friend about it. It wasn't sexual or anything like that, it was just ... really weird and caught me off guard lol.

16. Recurring dreams: Lately I've veen having many dreams about alternate versions of movies. I also dream I'm in Japan a lot... (which easily means I want to visit the country someday)

17. Chasing dreams: One of my most memorable/favorite ones was being chased by this giant polar bear in the park ... it actually behaved like a puppy though lol. And another was this grayish-brown bear. It was walking on its hind legs really lazily and was possibly drunk, yet I was sober and couldn't run much faster lol

18. What dreams inspired you? Some of my dreams actually inspire my HDOW song ideas (HDOW = "hot disaster on wheels" lol). One time, I dreamt Pluto, the Disney dog, had this secret greet with another dog and he kept saying "f^¢<in jazz @$%" under his teeth over and over again. A couple weeks later, I decided to turn it into a song... "funky jazz lass" lol

19. Biggest "plot twist": There was a blob-like monster on my front lawn. I was throwing pine cones at it then once I tripped it, it melted into a puddle and a pig jumped out of it. Not only that but the skies turned from night to day. The pig reminded me of Babe, and was quite possibly a "lamb" too because he eventually started talking about the Butterfly album with a firefly he just befriended lol.

20. Best overall dream: Easily this one I had 4 years ago: It all started when Diamond and Pearl (the two ladies from Prince's "Gett Off" video) took me by the arms to this empty warehouse and I just waited there. Then they went and took Michael Jackson by the arms... once they brought him there, he suddenly disappeared *poof*. Then suddenly, he reappeared by the piano and he played a little something.

Next thing I knew, a large crowd of people came bursting threw the doors and threw an amazing party for MJ! There was a DJ there playing songs playing mostly MJ and Prince songs. At one point of the night, MJ was teaching a few people a few simple dance moves and I joined in. The crowd started throwing him up in the air like the winner he truly is. When it was time to go, the DJ played Mariah's "Bye Bye" as the final song... MC was there too and I got to hug her.

It's a special dream to me because really it's the closest thing I'll ever have to meeting MJ even though it wasn't real. And I actually didn't feel bad about waking up because at the end we were all saying goodbye to each other and going home at the end anyway, so at least it was a complete dream.

22. What's the most recent dream you remember? I was trying to help protect a group of children, who were trick-or-treating, from the Sanderson Sisters. They're a trio of witches if you've never seen Hocus Pocus before lol.

In between, I saw Hi-Five's Greatest Hits was being sold for $3 so I bought it lol

Next, I was at a science lab inside a mine, and the scientist there was inventing all types of gadgets. I was armed with a growth ray and I suddenly came into contact with some dinosaurs. I used the growth ray to make a couple of them really humongous which successfully scared the witches off. Then I switched the setting to shrink ray to return them back to their normal size. The yellow T-rex was annoyed asking "Why did you shrink us back to normal?" and I explained to him "If I left you at such a humongous size, you wouldn't have enough resources to support yourselves" lol

---

I promise you, you can't make this kinda stuff up on the spot :lol:

So feel free to share your dreams, self-interpret them if you want, and stuff like that... that's what this thread is here for. :)

1. What's the earliest dream you remember?

* My earliest dream was of me meeting Michael. We hugged and he showed me some dance moves.

2. Can you lucid dream?

* Yes. I've taken psychology courses and have practiced changing dreams. With success!

3. Any sad dreams?

* In middle and high school, I had a lot of death dreams of close ones, car accidents, and nightmares. My grandmother passed away in 5th grade, so that was probably the origin.

4. Scary dreams?

* I love the Scream movies, but I'd have dreams where I'd get attacked by Ghostface. Also someone breaking and entering into the house, but I always kill them. :)

5. Best dream quote?

* Something naughty and inappropriate.

6. Were any dreams premonitions?

* The dreams I've had of meeting Janet were affirmed after her concert in NYC last year. A car pulled up next to me and a fan yelled "THAT'S JANET"...but I didn't believe it. But I went ahead and said "If this is Janet, I love you and thank you for TVR". When the windows rolled down, I saw these large, beautiful brown eyes look directly into mine and my heart started to race. She smiled at me and I couldn't move or speak. It felt like she looked into my soul and without even saying a word, I felt her love and appreciation. I always knew we wouldn't have a conversation, it would be something heartfelt and spiritual.

7. Funny dream?

* After a Rihanna concert, some fans and I went to a karoke bar and we did her songs. After some point, she and her entourage show up to watch. I start to freak out and spazz, then it's my turn. I do my favorite karaoke song "Rude Boy" and I pat my kewch and touch myself every other line and Rih is cracking up the entire time and loves it!

8. Most random dream?

* I will randomly dream of going bungee jumping or being in a foreign land with a language completely unfamiliar to me.

9. First celebrity dream?

* Michael

10. Cartoon dream?

* None

11. Who appears in your dreams the most?

* Friends of mine that I want to sleep with.

12. Hottest dream?

* Having a three-way with my friends or celebrity crush. :)

13. Dirtiest dream?

* I get my friend drunk. Then I shower him. I lay him on my bed. And I toss his salad with edible lube.

14. Ever dream you were someone else?

* Janet hehe.

15. Embarrassing dreams?

* I have a lot of dreams where my clothes rip or fall off in public.

16. Recurring dreams?

* Anything to do with performing, travel, or sex. Those are daily dreams.

17. Chasing dreams?

* I love snakes...but I've had some scary dreams where I have been chase by anacondas or cobras. I've gotten bitten, but never died.

18. What dreams inspired you?

* Performing in front of thousands and having them chant my name countless times.

19. Biggest "plot twist"?

* Not sure.

20. Best overall dream?

* I had a dream that I went to India for a very long time and got to see most of the country. That's what I'd like to make happen in time!

21. What's the most recent dream you remember?

* Something inappropriate and dirty. :)

• Upvote 1

1. Earliest dream I remermber is a nightmare where when I looked under my bed there was Michael Jackson with the yellow eyes in Thriller turning his head and yelling GO AWAY!!!! Scared the bejesus outta me

2. Yup, it's really hard and its very rare that I do, I like for my dreams to come more than I like to be in control of them

3. Sad dreams, PLENTY, alot of death and loss.

4. I've had mostly Ghostface & Freddy nightmares, I was at a point after I turned like 16 where I didn't have alot of nightmares anymore, but....Insidious changed the FUCK outta that, that movie gave me a god damn night terror, the scariest dream I've ever had and when I woke up for a good 2mins I thought I was in the dream and had to like sit down in all the lights and calm myself down lol. Looking back on that it was funny but that shit was REAL!

5. My fave dream quote....."I will fuck you so hard it will tear down this motha fuckin house"

6. My dream of living in California and showing up on set to act.

7. 1 of my fave was Mariah just knocking on my door and she knows me, I know her, we're just old friends and we talkin and she showing me baby pics, we arent talking industry at all but it's implied that I'm in it and successful

8. My dead great aunt told me a bunch of family secrets and connections that I didn't know about..........before that dream, AND SHE WAS RIGHT about it all (I do see alot of dead relatives in my sleep and they do tell me things I never knew before sometimes)

9. 1st celebrity dream....either Whtiney or Michael

10. I've had cartoon dreams as a kid but i dont remember much about them, they were kinda like Who Framed Roger Rabit where I was still real but they were my best friends

11. I don't know who appears in my dreams the most, it's either Janet, Michael, or my fave cousin

12. Hottest dream,........ I met Janet in the lobby of a hotel...and we just went at it, right there in the lobby, in front of everybody (tho nobody really cared) and oh I had her on dem walls, and the floor and the front desk.............OMG!!!!

13. my dirtiest dream, asside from the hottest 1 thee was also 1 where I fucked the life out of a friend I have a crush on lol, ohhhhh the things I did to that ass....thats where the "tear down this motha fuckin house" line came from....and I practically did demolish the room

14. The only time I have a dream where I'm someone else is when I'm acting really

15. The most embarassing I think is I was nominated for an award and I ran on stage so happy I won....and I didn't. And it wasn't me being funny.....I REALLY thought I won because I just knew I would....and I didn't...

16. Yea alot of recurring dreams mostly about being on set, working on my fave shows and hangin out with celebs

17 &19. My most fave plot twist dream and chase dream is that I was on a cruise with my 8th grade class (it was like a reunion) and....it was like a Scream movie, people just started turning up dead, and I didn't know how I knew but it was Ghostface, I also saw every death happen..........and at the end of the dream it was just me and 2 other people, and it was then that I realized/remembered........I WAS THE KILLER, And I gutted both of them..........thats not crazy is it? LOL I kid asking that question, I don't care it was really good lol.

18. ALOT of dreams inspire me, a WHOLE lot, lossing certain people in my dreams made me treat them better, certain things made me push harder and try harder

20. My best overall dream is where I lived in my dream house, I looked exactly how I wanted to, I was a successful working & recognizable actor, and Janet was 1 of my best and closest friends, as well as alot of the people who I look up to and inspired me.

21. My most recent dream I was in the 1940s, just hanging out. Like I was me from 2012, but I just went back in time to the 40's and just had a blast.

Damn man you coulda broken up dese questions man lol, it's alot at once

1 thing about my dreams, alot of times they look like "The Cell" where the rooms are extremely big, like all doors reach the ceiling. And I like to travel through time alot lol.