I just gotta stan for this song right now.

jarrylf

Missy Elliot actually wrote that song in the late 90s. Aaliyah heard it and loved it instantly, but her one in a million album was already recorded and had been released. She begged missy to save that song for her next album, which didn't come until 2001. Missy kept her word though, and the song came out beautifully. Aaliyah's subtlety was her real gift. The melancholy in her voice was perfection. She now puts me in the mind of Karen Carpenter.

• Upvote 1

Missy Elliot actually wrote that song in the late 90s. Aaliyah heard it and loved it instantly, but her one in a million album was already recorded and had been released. She begged missy to save that song for her next album, which didn't come until 2001. Missy kept her word though, and the song came out beautifully. Aaliyah's subtlety was her real gift. The melancholy in her voice was perfection. She now puts me in the mind of Karen Carpenter.

WOW! I knew that she wanted it for OIAM, but I didn't know Missy wrote it. OK WE ARE SOOOOO BUDDIES NOW FOR YOU SAYING THE NAME KAREN CARPENTER, Because as recent as Tuesday I said I deem both Selena & Aaliyah as "Karen Carpenters", in that how shocking their deaths were and how much more they're appreciated after death, and how their voices werent "BIG" but their voices had such range emotion and life that they didn't have to have HUGE voices for their music to live forever

It definitely is one of her best. She may not have had a wide range ala Whitney but damn she could emote. She could sing anything

I miss her.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS & YES @"I Miss Her", first time hearing this song last week (in years)...I damn near cried again like I felt her in that song, more than any other (I also usually & mostly felt her in We Need A Resolution & Street Thing). like it's just all of her in this song I feel.