Your collection discussion

RedSimba

Well this question will have three tiers (albums, singles, and videos)...

* Do you have all her albums, singles and/or videos?

* If yes, when did you complete your collection?

* If no, do you plan to complete it soon/someday?

albums

* Yes, I own all the main studio albums on CD from debut to Discipline. In addition, I have the compilations DOAD and #1's, both Control and janet. remixed albums, and the special DVD editions of AFY of 20 Y.O.

* I reached completion in 2002 when I bought Dream Street online, then I just bought DJ, 20 Y.O., and Disc as they came out.

singles

* Not even remotely close lol. I only have "That's The Way Love Goes," "If" (which I was lucky enough to find in the record store - and it included "One More Chance" too. Yes!), "Scream," "Runaway," and "Together Again."

* I would like to continue getting more CD maxi-singles, particularly "Miss You Much" for its remixes and the b-side. Also "Because of Love" ~ one with the D+D extended remix, my favorite version of the song. B)

videos

* I have the janet. and DOAD video collections, and both TVR and AFY tours. Nah, I'm not finished here either lol.

* I still need to buy the RN movie ~ that's crucial! The only movie I have is Poetic Justice (which I just bought a few months ago :ph34r:). I want Nutty Professor II and WDIGM which I'll get around to eventuallyyyyy *Procastinator voice* lol.

Albums | I'm missing Dream Street which I aim to get one day. I have two copies of Discipline - one in the standard case and the other has a metallic cardboard finish. I also have DOAD, janet.: Remixed and The Best. I recently purchased Control on vinyl but not to play, I framed it. :lol:

Singles | Very little, although more than I thought. I have That's The Way Love Goes, If, Again, Got 'Til It's Gone, Doesn't Really Matter, All For You, Someone To Call My Lover, Son Of a Gun, All Nite (Don't Stop), Scream, What's It Gonna Be!?, Girlfriend/Boyfriend and Feel It Boy. I often rummage through secondhand stores and markets for CDs so if I come across any other Janet singles I imagine I'll pick them up.

Videos | I have The Rhythm Nation Compilation (which annoyingly doesn't include the RN movie <_<), DOAD, The Velvet Rope & All For You tours and From janet. To Damita Jo. I also have all her studio films.

Albums. I have them all except the first one which I'm sure I had :umm:. I'll be getting that from ebay one day

Singles. Nowhere near owning most of them. I have You Want This, Scream, Together Again, Got Til It's Gone, Go Deep on CD singleand those are the only ones I remember. I also own Miss You Much, Escapade on 12" and Come Back To me on the smaller vinyls (7"?). Like TE I tend to go through independent record stores a lot and I ALWAYS check for Mariah and JJ stuff :lol:.

Videos/DVD. - I own TNRC, DOAD, From janet. to Damita, both tour DVD's and all the movies.

photo2.jpg

Everything but two singles on vinyl. Missing from the picture is the limited metal case edition of DOAD that I bought late last year, which completed the collection.

I don't own any of her films and (maybe) Poetic Justice aside, I never will. I'm not putting food in Tyler Perry's mouth.

• Upvote 3