And the battle is On: James Brown biopic vs. Jimi Hendrix biopic

jarrylf

Brown Vs. Hendrix  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you more interested in seeing?

• Get On Up: James Brown
    • Jimi:All Is By My Side
  2. 2. Which do you think will be the most successful

• Jimi:All Is By My Side
    • Get On Up: James Brown

(The official trailer to the Hendrix movie hasn't been released yet, just 2 clips heres the 1 I like most)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N3FBWGuYRE

Get On Up:

Personally, IM WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY excited for both, like these movies oth look REALLY good, ANDRE!!! THE FUCK!?!?! THAT DON'T SOUND LKE MA ANDRE! THAT SOUNDED LIKE JIMI! Where's Im not so familiar with the actor who played James, but DAMN that movie looks good...and like it's gonna be long lol.

But the heat is on, both biopics hit theaters in August.

And personally I don't know which I'm more excited for. While I'm way ready to see Andre do this role I've been thinking he should play for 10yrs, and seeing this clip got me REALLY excited, I think the James movie has the advantage of having a FULL fledge ready and entertaining trailer with a glimpse of every recognizable name in it, so at the moment I'm torn. And torn on both questions, because either could take the cake for being more successful. Hendrix is about 1 of the most loved rock stars and pop culture icons of all time, and with the James movie it was written & directed by accomplished already Academy award winning people, so either can take the cake and get the noms. I'd love it if both got to the oscars and great reviews.

If you would have asked me this a few years back...I would have probably said Jimi Hendrix. After witnessing that the trailer to 'Get On Up' and seeing that its from the same people that created 'The Help' along with most of the actors that starred in 'The Help'...I can see James Brown shitting on most the biopics that have been released in the last 5 years. It might even come for 'Ray'. :coffee:

I see Im the only one here for The Help 2 :rolleyes: Fuck all ya'll <_<

LOL Im here for both, Im just......it's Andre LOL. I think you're right tho, this does look like it's gonna shit on ever musicians biopic ever since Ray (and maybe including it, funny that this is coming out 10 yrs after Ray).

It's funny cause musically Im WAYYYYYYY more a fan of Brown than Hendrix.......but damnit....they got ANDRE! MA ANDRE!!! LOL No lie you know how we all have probably done the "they should play this person", Andre was the 1st person I remember saying that about with this role...didn't expect to wait so many yrs for it to get done tho. Ironically I've heard the rumors about both movies for the last 5-6 yrs really

• Upvote 1