Do you live for the "Applause"?

Aquaria

Think about how social media has changed how we think and act... Is there anything more satisfying or titilating than the sight of a small white number in a red box?

It's like a quick shot of pleasure I would liken to that of chocolate or sexual gratification.

I work in social media, so I literally live for the applause, but have you found you're happier when you got notes and a little let down if you didn't, like a personal flop... I mean, if an Instagram photo is posted and no one sees it, what was the point of even doing the thing you took a photo of to begin with?!

• Upvote 1

Being the most applauded member here I must admit seeing that box is like winning a Grammy. It feels good every time and also surprising.

Don't even being that shade up again Roc :rolleyes:. I know you have high quality posts -_-

Being the most applauded member here I must admit seeing that box is like winning a Grammy. It feels good every time and also surprising.

Don't even being that shade up again Roc :rolleyes:. I know you have high quality posts -_-

I didn't even :whistle: But clearly you thought of it :shifty:

I was going to say no when I saw the title, but after reading I kind of actually have to say yes. :lol: I do like to see some notification especially if I think it was something really good. I don't consider it the only or one of the biggest reasons I post, but it's nice to see someone "like"/agree with me. Even to debate me if they have a good argument.

The amount of likes don't mean a thing to me, it's the sentimental attachment and appreciation I get from the pictures.

I love photography and I grew up making photo albums (a habit from my mother), so I look as each picture I upload on Facebook or Instagram as a historian duty. In every point of my life, there's always been a camera. My friends and family really appreciate any photos I have of them in my collection.

I hardly take selfies and I love taking pictures at events or of groups. 10 years from now, I want to remember special moments, plus I already have a mirror and love how I look, so I don't need to constantly post pictures of myself trying to look cute or make weird faces.

I appreciate likes and retweets, but I'm still going to express my thoughts and opinions whether people like it or not (no pun intended? lol)

And I almost never use instagram anyway. Only a picture of my foot made it onto there lol

:ph34r: