Question for those of you in College..

Shawn1814

Junior in college, here. An iPad works very well for me. Through various apps including both iTunes U and the Kindle app you can order SOME textbooks. Not all of them. Hard copies are still needed in a lot of classes, so for the best deals there you should try Chegg or Amazon. You can record classes depending on your professor. Most I've had are fine with it. They don't let you have your phone out too quickly so even though you can record with it it's better to have a tablet of sorts. iPads/tablets are also more convenient to take to classes instead of laptops for note taking and to use for presentations. Many classes are also beginning to incorporate some app or website with both their in-class and homework curriculum. 

All in all, having one does certainly help you out if you can afford one. It's not an absolute necessity, but it's great to have with many uses.

• Upvote 1

Only certain universities have their text books on ITunes U

People should be allowed to voice record from their iPad but it'll be cheaper just to get a voice recorder or iphone/iPod

Junior in college, here. An iPad works very well for me. Through various apps including both iTunes U and the Kindle app you can order SOME textbooks. Not all of them. Hard copies are still needed in a lot of classes, so for the best deals there you should try Chegg or Amazon. You can record classes depending on your professor. Most I've had are fine with it. They don't let you have your phone out too quickly so even though you can record with it it's better to have a tablet of sorts. iPads/tablets are also more convenient to take to classes instead of laptops for note taking and to use for presentations. Many classes are also beginning to incorporate some app or website with both their in-class and homework curriculum. 

All in all, having one does certainly help you out if you can afford one. It's not an absolute necessity, but it's great to have with many uses.

Thank you.. I was considering getting the case with the keyboard for note taking.. 

Keep doubting Nana's advice. See what happen

http://www.abc.net.au/health/talkinghealth/factbuster/stories/2010/09/30/3025732.htm

Brisbane optometry professor Nathan Efron does not consider computer screens "harmful" to our eyes.

But he admits if you use one a lot, you increase your risk of becoming slightly more short-sighted – where your eyes focus well only on close objects while more distant objects appear blurred. This is especially the case for children and young adults, whose eyes are still developing.

Since when was Nana an expert in eye care?