TGJ: "Janet Jackson Teams With Giuseppe Zanotti For ‘Unbreakable World Tour’"

SonofBaldwin

Janet_RENDER  copy

Just three weeks remain until Janet Jackson‘s wildly anticipated ‘Unbreakable World Tour’ kicks off.

And while details surrounding the global trek have been guarded with potent precision, tea has begun to trickle out.

The latest surrounds the ‘No Sleeep’ singer’s new partnership with fashion force Giuseppe Zanotti.

Full story below…

WWD revealed that 49-year-old Jackson has paired up with shoe designer Giuseppe – who has designed sneakers done in multiple color ways for the diva to don onstage.

Speaking on the collaboration, Zanotti, said:

“Janet is a close friend of mine — we have been close for a long time and I have always felt the greatest affection for her. She has always been a very loyal supporter of the brand and product. She talked to me about her upcoming Unbreakable World Tour when we were together in Milan earlier this year, [and] she asked me to consider making her a special shoe for the tour. Of course, I was…very flattered and I immediately started to sketch some ideas out for her.

Janet will be dancing a lot on stage as well as singing, so I wanted her to be very comfortable and able to move around easily. The shoe has to be light but practical and provide support to her feet.”

zanotti-jackson-land

Per the report, the shoe, a high-top sneaker based on one of the brand’s most popular existing styles, will be customised in two exclusive colour combinations and new detailing.

What’s more, Zanotti – who has worked with Beyonce, Rihanna, and Nicki Minaj – will also be dressing the tour’s dancers and backing singers too, a feat that will mark his first time handling an entire tour.

He said:

“We are frequently asked to provide special shoes for celebrities on tour, [but] this is the first time we are the only luxury shoe company involved”.

Janet Jackson’s ‘Unbreakable World Tour’ kicks off August 31st in Vancouver.

I hate this brand. It's all very new money, it all feels cheap (ironic i know), tacky at times. I dont know, i dislike it just as much as i dislike Just Cavalli :lol: 

I really wanted her to go with Todd Lynn (think of Make Me video) or better yet Gareth Pugh. Their clothes fit the new movement theme a lot more.

Let's see how this goes