So, Cheryl Cole IS indeed going to be a judge on US "X-Factor

LyricalLesson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not 100% confirmed yet, but I think it seems likely. I know Simon really wants her on the panel.

I'm mostly curious to see how Americans will react to her Geordie accent. :lol:

If she wants to have a go at a pop career here (and I'm sure she does), she's going to need much stronger material than she's had.

She sucks as an artist i mean uber GARBAGE but she is a good judge. I think that she'll be trolled because of her thick accent though

oh she is really REALLY HOT and for some odd reason i like when she gets emotional and cries :unsure:

It's not 100% confirmed yet, but I think it seems likely. I know Simon really wants her on the panel.

I'm mostly curious to see how Americans will react to her Geordie accent. :lol:

If she wants to have a go at a pop career here (and I'm sure she does), she's going to need much stronger material than she's had.

lol, how do you know about Geordie accents lool

lol, how do you know about Geordie accents lool

I know everything. -_-

But also I studied in the UK for a little while. And even after being over there for a few months, when I finally heard her speak, I was like "holy crap, what is that?!"

She sucks as an artist i mean uber GARBAGE but she is a good judge. I think that she'll be trolled because of her thick accent though

oh she is really REALLY HOT and for some odd reason i like when she gets emotional and cries :unsure:

She is the WORST judge lol - its known that Dannii is actually the best judge because she gives impartial constructive criticism. Cheryl just cries or giggles in simons ear. I really don't understand why she qualifies to have a place on the American X Factor. Nobody in the USA even knows her. She has had 2 solo albums which were both crappy - except for Promise This which I love. And I thought having a criminal record meant you could't work in the USA if ur from abroad.......

She is the WORST judge lol - its known that Dannii is actually the best judge because she gives impartial constructive criticism. Cheryl just cries or giggles in simons ear. I really don't understand why she qualifies to have a place on the American X Factor. Nobody in the USA even knows her. She has had 2 solo albums which were both crappy - except for Promise This which I love. And I thought having a criminal record meant you could't work in the USA if ur from abroad.......

I know a lot of people who would beg to differ with that. :lol: (Though I haven't seen enough of the show to judge for myself).

And you can definitely work in the US if you have a criminal record from abroad, yes. How else do you thing actors and musicians from abroad get to make movies or release albums over here? :asham:

I know a lot of people who would beg to differ with that. :lol: (Though I haven't seen enough of the show to judge for myself).

And you can definitely work in the US if you have a criminal record from abroad, yes. How else do you thing actors and musicians from abroad get to make movies or release albums over here? :asham:

Oh ok, well on loads of the sites people were saying that she shouldnt be allowed to work in the USA because she has a criminal record, so I thought that was the law LOL

Of course cheryl cole fans would beg to differ that Dannii is the better judge, but dannii won the last one, and in lots of magazine surveys she was voted the most popular judge.

I can't stand her as a judge, she is... well let me rephrase that , WAS a much better artist then she is a judge to me but yeah Cheryl has no business being there and her "music" is repulsive.

I can't stand her as a judge, she is... well let me rephrase that , WAS a much better artist then she is a judge to me but yeah Cheryl has no business being there and her "music" is repulsive.

Danni has some great tunes :excited:

The only reason I think I like her is because she got Sharon Osbourne completely rattled. And then when people began to turn against Cheryl she was like a vulture and fed from the corpse that was Cheryls popularity - out dressed her, criticised cheryls (and Simons) acts like Cher while everyone else praised her.......and the public loved her for it (apart from cheryl fans LOL). Plus her boyfriend is super hot. :excited:

Oh ok, well on loads of the sites people were saying that she shouldnt be allowed to work in the USA because she has a criminal record, so I thought that was the law LOL

Of course cheryl cole fans would beg to differ that Dannii is the better judge, but dannii won the last one, and in lots of magazine surveys she was voted the most popular judge.

If people weren't allowed to work here because of a criminal record, Russell Brand wouldn't be over here, George Michael wouldn't get to work over here, Oasis wouldn't have worked over here - and that's just the off the top of my head.

There's a reason Cheryl has fans, though. I don't know much of what she's like as a judge, though I do believe Cheryl won with both Alexandra and Joe, no? She has a very endearing personality, IMO. For a long time a lot of the UK were acting as if she could walk on water. :lol:

Danni has some great tunes :excited:

The only reason I think I like her is because she got Sharon Osbourne completely rattled. And then when people began to turn against Cheryl she was like a vulture and fed from the corpse that was Cheryls popularity - out dressed her, criticised cheryls (and Simons) acts like Cher while everyone else praised her.......and the public loved her for it (apart from cheryl fans LOL). Plus her boyfriend is super hot. :excited:

yeap Neon Nights is amazing

hm Dannii always came off as a try hard to me which is why i never really liked her as a judge. Cheryl is just good to look at and she seems sweet to the contestants but that's all she has

Are Geordie accents any worse than Leeds accents? Haha, those thick Leeds accents be making me nauseous

:asham:

I can tolerate Mel B.'s because she's fuckin' almost hotter than life itself, but that's about it >_<

I think a Geordie accent is about as bad as they get. :lol: But Cheryl's adorable, so she pulls it off.

I honestly don't think she deserves the position either. But, I'll give her a chance to prove herself before I pass judgement on her. As far as her music is concerned . . . she's gonna have to come harder than she has in the past -- both musically, AND vocally.

:whistle:

If people weren't allowed to work here because of a criminal record, Russell Brand wouldn't be over here, George Michael wouldn't get to work over here, Oasis wouldn't have worked over here - and that's just the off the top of my head.

There's a reason Cheryl has fans, though. I don't know much of what she's like as a judge, though I do believe Cheryl won with both Alexandra and Joe, no? She has a very endearing personality, IMO. For a long time a lot of the UK were acting as if she could walk on water. :lol:

Thats what made it so sweet when Dannii won with Matt this year. I really liked Matt though.

I think she deserves the position in the sense that she was a TV talent show winner herself who managed to be quite successful - first with Girls Aloud, then on her own. BUT she has zero relevance in the US and her solo material is shit. So I'm of two minds about it.

Are Geordie accents any worse than Leeds accents? Haha, those thick Leeds accents be making me nauseous

:asham:

I can tolerate Mel B.'s because she's fuckin' almost hotter than life itself, but that's about it >_<

A Newcastle (Geordie) accent is much stonger than Leeds accent.

If you want a funny accent - listen to this - its from a really popular show here, kind of like "The Hills" but its based in Essex which is a county next to London

nicole scherzinger should get the spot, i liked her and her comments when she was a guest judge in the UK

Ick, I think she'd be a bad idea. Largely because, unlike Cheryl, she's had a career in the US and yet has never managed to become a big name. For a lot of people, it's be like "who's this bitch?" whereas with Cheryl it'd be like "Who's this bitch? Oh, she's been really successful abroad."

nicole scherzinger should get the spot, i liked her and her comments when she was a guest judge in the UK

I think Cheryl is definitely a better choice than Nicole Scherzingalingadong. Cheryl's actually had solo success (albeit in another country, but she's had it) Nicole is a proven flop. And she was annoying as hell as a judge on that other a'capella show that was just on. She's a twit.

-_-

I think she deserves the position in the sense that she was a TV talent show winner herself who managed to be quite successful - first with Girls Aloud, then on her own. BUT she has zero relevance in the US and her solo material is shit. So I'm of two minds about it.

And that's why i'm against her getting it -_- Can you imagine the USA people jam to Fight For This Love ... :mellow::lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And that's why i'm against her getting it -_- Can you imagine the USA people jam to Fight For This Love ... :mellow::lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

FFTL is actually the only song of hers that I really like (and I'm in the USA, and I jam to it). :lol: But only in an "it's cute" kind of way.

If they launch her career here, I think they'll give her new material.

A Newcastle (Geordie) accent is much stonger than Leeds accent.

If you want a funny accent - listen to this - its from a really popular show here, kind of like "The Hills" but its based in Essex which is a county next to London

:( I can't see it because it's not available for viewing in the U.S.

Archived