WINNIE MANDELA UPSET ABOUT UPCOMING BIOPIC STARRING JENNIFER HUDSON

janetDAYZ

Nearly one year after it was made known that Jennifer Hudson would star in a biopic based on the life of Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, the 2nd former wife of activist and former South African president Nelson Mandela, addressed her lack of support for the completed film. In an interview with CNN, the 74 year-old called the filmed biopic ‘disrespectful’ and ‘an insult’:

“I have absolutely nothing against Jennifer, but I have everything against the movie itself. I was not consulted. I am still alive. I think that it is total disrespect to come to South Africa, make a movie about my struggle and call that movie some translation of a romantic life of Winnie Mandela. I think it is an insult. I don’t know what would be romantic in our struggle.”

The former First Lady went on to say that there is no way someone can just know the emotions and thoughts of what she experienced during the time of civil and social inequality.

http://concreteloop.com/2011/06/movie-news-winnie-mandela-upset-about-upcoming-biopic-starring-jennifer-hudson#more-754801

Nearly one year after it was made known that Jennifer Hudson would star in a biopic based on the life of Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, the 2nd former wife of activist and former South African president Nelson Mandela, addressed her lack of support for the completed film. In an interview with CNN, the 74 year-old called the filmed biopic ‘disrespectful’ and ‘an insult’:

“I have absolutely nothing against Jennifer, but I have everything against the movie itself. I was not consulted. I am still alive. I think that it is total disrespect to come to South Africa, make a movie about my struggle and call that movie some translation of a romantic life of Winnie Mandela. I think it is an insult. I don’t know what would be romantic in our struggle.”

The former First Lady went on to say that there is no way someone can just know the emotions and thoughts of what she experienced during the time of civil and social inequality.

http://concreteloop.com/2011/06/movie-news-winnie-mandela-upset-about-upcoming-biopic-starring-jennifer-hudson#more-754801

SHE HAS A POINT

Archived