Since when were puertoricans illegal aliens?

Jodienda76

http://www.topix.com/world/puerto-rico/2011/06/john-mccain-wants-proof-that-j-m-barea-is-an-american-citizen-pro-sports-dailyJohn

McCain wants proof that J.M. Barea is an American citizen – Pro Sports Daily

John McCain: "Illegal Immigrants Cost The Miami Heat The Championship"

Quote:

After fanning a virtual wildfire on Saturday with his comments on actual wildfires – “there is substantial evidence that some of these fires are caused by people who have crossed our border illegally,” Arizona Senator John McCain again made headlines today with some “heated” statements regarding the NBA’s Miami basketball franchise. Providing no evidence or reason whatsoever to back up his claims, McCain stated that illegal immigrants are “distracting us all” from doing our jobs as Americans.

“The elimination of Lebron James and the Miami heat from the NBA playoffs last week is yet another chilling example of illegals crossing our borders, snatching our health care, and eliminating our beloved sports teams from title contention. When will the madness end? And at what cost?”

McCain continued, “If you want me to believe that J.J. Barea is a citizen of this fine country, have him send some proof to my office. You don’t learn to speak Spanish that effectively in our school systems. That I guarantee.”

José Juan “J.J.” Barea, the feisty, Puerto Rican-born backup point guard for the NBA champion Dallas Mavericks, played an integral role in penetrating the outmatched Heat’s interior defense. When asked to comment about McCain’s rant, Barea quipped, “You know, I would have thought he was a Mavericks fan.”

"McCain stated that illegal immigrants are “distracting us all” from doing our jobs as Americans."

And what job is that, keeping out people who are looking for a better way of life?

"You don’t learn to speak Spanish that effectively in our school systems. That I guarantee.”"

Great, downplay the American education system. And you wonder why you're not president.

Someone get this senile buffoon something better to do. The Mavericks have quite a few foreigners on their team, actually. Dirk Nowitzki being the biggest example, from Germany. JJ Barea being Puerto Rican...a territory of the US (does McCain not know this?) Beaubois and Mahinmi who are both French, Peja Stojacavic who is from Croatia. Is he also just as upset with America's Pastime (baseball) being full of "immigrants?"

Why is he targeting only the foreigner who speaks Spanish? Someone is a little racist, and completely and ignorantly mistaken.

It looks like illegal immigration is distracting Senator McCain from doing his job. Why would he make such tasteless and ignorant comments about the NBA Championship? Doesn't he have legislation to be tending to or something?

"When will the madness end?" "...from our beloved sports team." Senator McCain, YOU MAD?!

254220_10150219241755340_719555339_7137445_4048285_n.jpg

:rolleyes:

Archived