Where is Lexus? I need a mommie talk thread.

Jodienda76

So my husband and I are beginning to have some fights over Xavi. I, of course seem to be the main disciplinarian. My husband tries to override my authority and I already pulled the trigger on him for that. What irks me to death is that I only have to give my son "the look" and the little bugger straightens up RIGH AWAY!

However, he has his dad wrapped around his little finger. This is starting to cause problems because I don't mind being the "bad one", but I believe discipline needs to be consistant. LEXI You got some 'splaining to do, because you have 'sperience.

continue to talk (not argue) to your husband about this concern... it's important that you both are on the same wavelength... it's serious

you gotta find a common ground... and you're right in this situation..

His argument is that he's "still a baby". And thats what he dosent get. You have to start early. Because I will NOT raise a brat. I'd be in jail.

How old is Xavi? Age shouldn't matter. Disciplining them from the beginning is important. LEtting them run riot at the start of their lives and then suddenly disciplining them aged 5 or somehting...that will just screw the child up imo.

How old is Xavi? Age shouldn't matter. Disciplining them from the beginning is important. LEtting them run riot at the start of their lives and then suddenly disciplining them aged 5 or somehting...that will just screw the child up imo.

He is three, potty trained, Well mannered, and off the bottle. All thanks to me.

hey girl.... sorry i was not here :) but this is my opinion

parents should stick together when it come to discipline. even if one does not agree in front of the child ,just bite your tongue and go with the parent that is doing the discipline. kids are NEVER to young to start. these lil rug rats know exactly how to manipulate us. Don't undermind one adult in front of the other. they child will pick up on that on use it against you :yep:

me and my hubby. i had to learn the hard way cuss i use to be like your hubby and it caused a real problem with our marriage for a while when they were young. now my kids they do have a certain amount of fear for there dad and I LOVE IT! with dad they don't cross line and only once has he had to lay hands on each of them. that's pretty good in this day and age. :yep:

not to brag but my kids were good kids. friends, family, loved there company when they were littlr and always volunteered to watch them cuss they were good kids. i took my kids out in public and taught them how to act right. i hate when people say Oh we cant go here and there cuss of a child ...please take that kid out and teach them how to act correct at a restaurant, the mall, movies, they could go everywhere with us.

now my kids are 17 and 23: the 17yr old and and boyfriend hangout with us all the time. we have a good relationship with both chirrenn and they do not cross the line. they know who the adults are :thumbup:

parents should stick together when it come to discipline. even if one does not agree in front of the child ,just bite your tongue and go with the parent that is doing the discipline. kids are NEVER to young to start. these lil rug rats know exactly how to manipulate us. Don't undermind one adult in front of the other. they child will pick up on that on use it against you :yep:

me and my hubby. i had to learn the hard way cuss i use to be like your hubby and it caused a real problem with our marriage for a while when they were young. now my kids they do have a certain amount of fear for there dad and I LOVE IT! with dad they don't cross line and only once has he had to lay hands on each of them. that's pretty good in this day and age. :yep:

not to brag but my kids were good kids. friends, family, loved there company when they were littlr and always volunteered to watch them cuss they were good kids. i took my kids out in public and taught them how to act right. i hate when people say Oh we cant go here and there cuss of a child ...please take that kid out and teach them how to act correct at a restaurant, the mall, movies, they could go everywhere with us.

now my kids are 17 and 23: the 17yr old and and boyfriend hangout with us all the time. we have a good relationship with both chirrenn and they do not cross the line. they know who the adults are :thumbup:

Exactly. My son knows that with me, it's what I say that goes...I only have to tell him things ONCE...My threats are not empty. When I tell hhim he's gonna get it the second time I have to mention anything, he gets it. When he attempts to throw a fit when things don't go his way oor wants something HIS WAY....It gets taken away from him. His dad always gives in so that he dosen't cry. I always tell him that as long as I don't see blood coming down his eyes, I'm not bothered. I ignore the hell out of him.

Exactly. My son knows that with me, it's what I say that goes...I only have to tell him things ONCE...My threats are not empty. When I tell hhim he's gonna get it the second time I have to mention anything, he gets it. When he attempts to throw a fit when things don't go his way oor wants something HIS WAY....It gets taken away from him. His dad always gives in so that he dosen't cry. I always tell him that as long as I don't see blood coming down his eyes, I'm not bothered. I ignore the hell out of him.

:thumbup: JES girl..

right now my co worker has 2 yr old nephew and he is bad as hell talking back and shit and she says the grand daddy lets him do whatever he wants. :mellow: i tell her he is a brat in the making and he is gonna be sorry. he already manipulates the grandfather. even if the childs mom tells him something or tries to discipline him the grand dad will over ride her >_<

i think one parent has to be the strong one when it comes to the discipline. i think u r doing the right thing. he will thank you for it later.

Wow. Kudos Lexus! :cheers: We need more parents like you in our society.

Since y'all are parents....my 5 yr old nephew is stay saying stuff like 'stupid', 'idiot', 'poopoo' etc. What can I do to stop him saying stuff like 'you look like poopoo' or 'you know what you're eating poopoo' and stuff like that? It's so disgusting.

And he thinks he's clever by saying 'stu' and 'idi' instead of the full word :lol:. 'You're stuuuuu....stu. haha I'm not even swearing cos I said stuuuu not stupid'.

Since y'all are parents....my 5 yr old nephew is stay saying stuff like 'stupid', 'idiot', 'poopoo' etc. What can I do to stop him saying stuff like 'you look like poopoo' or 'you know what you're eating poopoo' and stuff like that? It's so disgusting.

And he thinks he's clever by saying 'stu' and 'idi' instead of the full word :lol:. 'You're stuuuuu....stu. haha I'm not even swearing cos I said stuuuu not stupid'.

You really can't do much but tell him not to say it around you. His parents are the ones who need to step up and stop it...poopooo!!! LMAO!

You really can't do much but tell him not to say it around you. His parents are the ones who need to step up and stop it...poopooo!!! LMAO!

Lmao he's such a lil brat :lol:. His mum doesn't say nothing and his dad is non-existent. He called me a 'basssss' the other day. 'haha I didn't say bastard i said basssssss'. He won't be saying that any time soon :whistle:

Archived