Ms. Jackson Radiates Power of Pop Music's Royal Family

Reyna ♔

In recent years, Janet Jackson's been mostly known for a Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction and the tragic story of her brother, Michael. If you roll the clock back far enough, though, it's easy to see that her music and performance style served as a template for many acts to come.

"She was one of the first female pop icons that I could relate to," Rihanna said last year. "She was so vibrant, she had so much energy. She still has power. I've seen her on stage, and she can stand there for 20 minutes and have the whole arena scream at her. You have to love Janet."

Jackson has returned to the public stage in a big way. Earlier this year, she published a self-help book titled "True You: A Journey To Finding and Loving Yourself." A new hits collection, "Number Ones," rounds up several dozen of her best-loved tracks. Her recent concerts have included a virtual duet with her late brother. At Royal Albert Hall in London, she performed their song "Scream" as a video of Michael played and his voice blasted through the speakers.

"I wanted to give something to the fans, who, like our family, are grieving," she told an Australian newspaper. "Performing with Mike is therapeutic and makes me smile inside. The energy is fierce, but it makes me smile when I hear him."

Many fans feel the same way about Janet's own sparkling sound and style. At Portsmouth's Harbor Center amphitheater on Tuesday, Aug. 9, she'll give them something to scream about. - Sam McDonald

Source: http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/ms-jackson-radiates-power-of-pop-musics-royal-family

In recent years, Janet Jackson's been mostly known for a Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction and the tragic story of her brother, Michael. If you roll the clock back far enough, though, it's easy to see that her music and performance style served as a template for many acts to come.

"She was one of the first female pop icons that I could relate to," Rihanna said last year. "She was so vibrant, she had so much energy. She still has power. I've seen her on stage, and she can stand there for 20 minutes and have the whole arena scream at her. You have to love Janet."

Jackson has returned to the public stage in a big way. Earlier this year, she published a self-help book titled "True You: A Journey To Finding and Loving Yourself." A new hits collection, "Number Ones," rounds up several dozen of her best-loved tracks. Her recent concerts have included a virtual duet with her late brother. At Royal Albert Hall in London, she performed their song "Scream" as a video of Michael played and his voice blasted through the speakers.

"I wanted to give something to the fans, who, like our family, are grieving," she told an Australian newspaper. "Performing with Mike is therapeutic and makes me smile inside. The energy is fierce, but it makes me smile when I hear him."

Many fans feel the same way about Janet's own sparkling sound and style. At Portsmouth's Harbor Center amphitheater on Tuesday, Aug. 9, she'll give them something to scream about. - Sam McDonald

Source: http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/ms-jackson-radiates-power-of-pop-musics-royal-family

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Archived