Ed O'Neil Goes Kanye On Jane Lynch

TwistedElegance™

Veteran sitcom star Ed O’Neil believes Glee’s Jane Lynch didn’t deserve the Best Actress in a Comedy Emmy she took home earlier this year for her side-splitting portrayal of Cheerios cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester, TVGuide.ca reported Monday

The Modern Family star minced no words when speaking to a panel of international journalists during a convention in Canada over the weekend. You see Al – Er, we mean Ed — thinks the award should have actually gone to his TV wife — lusty Colombian Sofia Vergara, who was nominated against Jane for her role as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett.

“I love Jane, honestly I do. But I don’t think she should have gotten the Emmy for that part,” sniffed O’Neil, who called Jane’s popular character one-dimensional.

“(Sue Sylvester) is just a one-note character. Sofia is just so, so funny,” the former Married … With Children actor added. “I don’t think people realize how hilarious she is. She’s so sharp with her wit, it’s amazing.”

Well, don’t hold back Ed.

Maybe Ed’s just still a bit bitter against the Television Academy? His decision to enter himself in the Best Actor category, rather than the Best Supporting Actor category, is what likely lead to him being snubbed for a nomination this year. Modern Family did nab the Emmy for Best Comedy.

http://www.popcrunch.com/ed-oneil-vs-jane-lynch/

I watch both shows and Sofia is the one-note character. ALL of her comedy comes from being colombian, her broken english and her thick accent. On Glee they actually delved into Sue's character, her sister with down syndrome, etc.

Sit down Ed :coffee:

I watch both shows and Sofia is the one-note character. ALL of her comedy comes from being colombian, her broken english and her thick accent. On Glee they actually delved into Sue's character, her sister with down syndrome, etc.

Sit down Ed :coffee:

Truth. It is funny how he can call Sue one note when his wife on the show is simply a caricature of a "stereotypical Columbian". Every show she has a story about her country or her village and how many jokes have they mined off her thick accent?