So....

CalQuin

Got invited to do a comedy show Thursday. Haven't done one since Jan because I took a break to get my life together. Now I'm in a different city with a different type of crowd. I'm a wreck. I always lose some confidence if I haven't performed (dance, comedy) in a long time. :sigh:

Got invited to do a comedy show Thursday. Haven't done one since Jan because I took a break to get my life together. Now I'm in a different city with a different type of crowd. I'm a wreck. I always lose some confidence if I haven't performed (dance, comedy) in a long time. :sigh:

Bruh, I've seen some of your videos on youtube, and you have nothing to worry about. You're definitely talented and once you're up there on stage, it's gonna show, you'll kill it ^_^ What city are you living in now?

I'm back in DC... I had kind of made a mini name for myself when I was in seattle, but I'm a nobody out here and the crowds are more vicious than the nice hippies in Seattle

your focus is on the crowd, in order to prevent stage fright you're supposed to look out and imagine a sea, there are no faces, you just do what you do sorta like they not there, and the energy you give you get so go out there and give it your best, oh and please do go on about well anything too long :rolleyes:

I'm back in DC... I had kind of made a mini name for myself when I was in seattle, but I'm a nobody out here and the crowds are more vicious than the nice hippies in Seattle

Oh damn, you were in Seattle?! I live pretty close to Seattle and I visit pretty often throughout the year. Would've been cool to catch one of your shows -_- You're right though, generally the entertainment crowds over here ARE nicer in comparison to those on the east coast, and :lol: @ "hippies in Seattle" there are quite a bit.

Thanks yall we'll see what happens...

your focus is on the crowd, in order to prevent stage fright you're supposed to look out and imagine a sea, there are no faces, you just do what you do sorta like they not there, and the energy you give you get so go out there and give it your best, oh and please do go on about well anything too long :rolleyes:

it's different with stand up. the attention span of the audience is short so you have to get right to the joke, I only rant and set up my rants on my youtube channel..otherwise I'm straight to the point

Archived