Blatin no wonder i luv this cd so much

lexus97

jimmy and terry did 3 of my favorite songs on the cd :excited: it reminds me so much of jans 20yo how EL incorporated elements of his old songs on his new one. I dont know how folks can be jj fans and not like his cd! his cd is great!

http://www.allmusic.com/album/second-chance-r2068947/review

Review

by Andy Kellman

El DeBarge was away longer than he was around. The first DeBarge album and the last El DeBarge album were separated by 13 years, and then 16 years passed between Heart, Mind & Soul and Second Chance. Apart from a handful of guest appearances during the latter half of the ‘90s and early 2000s, El was (to put it mildly) out of commission. So it’s extraordinary that this, his fifth solo album, exists. It’s something else that he’s in top form. Working with an assortment of mostly complementary collaborators, including Ron Fair, Mike City, Jam & Lewis, and the Avila Brothers, El tends to stick to sweet love songs -- pleasurable, fresh updates of his tried and true approach. His voice remains capable of elevating substandard material, not that there is much of it here. The acrobatic falsetto and supple harmonies are as present as ever. While the first ten songs would have made for a strong return on their own, the final three put Second Chance over the top as one of the year’s best R&B albums. The rippling “Sad Songs” and the sparse “The Other Side,” two of the three songs written with Jam & Lewis, illustrate heartbreak while tapping into a vivid anguish that El had never before approached. They are both exceptionally poignant; anyone with the vaguest idea about the singer's struggles will hear them as more than just remorseful breakup songs. In this context, the closing “Second Chance” -- issued as the album’s lead single -- sounds nothing short of triumphant. [initial copies of the album, released in late November 2010, came with a three-song, Christmas-themed bonus disc.]

jimmy and terry did 3 of my favorite songs on the cd :excited: it reminds me so much of jans 20yo how EL incorporated elements of his old songs on his new one. I dont know how folks can be jj fans and not like his cd! his cd is great!

http://www.allmusic.com/album/second-chance-r2068947/review

Review

by Andy Kellman

El DeBarge was away longer than he was around. The first DeBarge album and the last El DeBarge album were separated by 13 years, and then 16 years passed between Heart, Mind & Soul and Second Chance. Apart from a handful of guest appearances during the latter half of the ‘90s and early 2000s, El was (to put it mildly) out of commission. So it’s extraordinary that this, his fifth solo album, exists. It’s something else that he’s in top form. Working with an assortment of mostly complementary collaborators, including Ron Fair, Mike City, Jam & Lewis, and the Avila Brothers, El tends to stick to sweet love songs -- pleasurable, fresh updates of his tried and true approach. His voice remains capable of elevating substandard material, not that there is much of it here. The acrobatic falsetto and supple harmonies are as present as ever. While the first ten songs would have made for a strong return on their own, the final three put Second Chance over the top as one of the year’s best R&B albums. The rippling “Sad Songs” and the sparse “The Other Side,” two of the three songs written with Jam & Lewis, illustrate heartbreak while tapping into a vivid anguish that El had never before approached. They are both exceptionally poignant; anyone with the vaguest idea about the singer's struggles will hear them as more than just remorseful breakup songs. In this context, the closing “Second Chance” -- issued as the album’s lead single -- sounds nothing short of triumphant. [initial copies of the album, released in late November 2010, came with a three-song, Christmas-themed bonus disc.]

I love his cd minus 50.. lol

I knew J&T did a couple songs and I forgot to check the booklet to see which ones..

I love his cd minus 50.. lol

I knew J&T did a couple songs and I forgot to check the booklet to see which ones..

i actually luv the song with 50! lol. now if u mean he could have left him off then yes i agree but the song is hot! :lol:

i luv "Joyful", lay with u, and omg "how can y love me so much!" notice how he has elements of "all this luv" at the end!

i actually luv the song with 50! lol. now if u mean he could have left him off then yes i agree but the song is hot! :lol:

i luv "Joyful", lay with u, and omg "how can y love me so much!" notice how he has elements of "all this luv" at the end!

Yea the song is cool and 50 could have been left off it..

I have to listen to it again..

Something is wrong with my Ipod, it wont allow me to add new music.. >_< >_<