Anybody else Love Rosie Gaines as much as me?

jarrylf

The most common & popular knowlege about the 1 & only Rosie Gaines is that she was the lead female vocalists in Prince's New Power Generation, and sang lead with Prince on Diamonds & Pearls (and showcased her 5 octives) thats the song she's most known for it seems. But she has quite a few great solo albums, and she plays nearly every instrument, and like I said her vocal range is AMAZING.

I personally think she's a better singer than Chaka (and I LOVE me some Chaka) but Rosies lower range is sooo powerful and soulful and so diverse, she can almost sound like anybody.

Does anyone else feel this way?

(if you havent heard of her, no worries, posting some of the songs and vids from her I love most, so educate yourselfs on this dynamic underated women)

(THIS PERFORMANCE WILL ROCK YO FUCKIN WORLD, HER VOCALS AND PRINCE PLAYIN THAT GUITAR!!!!!! IDK ABOUT YALL BUT THIS GAVE ME THE HOLY GHOST HERE @ 4AM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9k8dgH8HAI

This is a glimpse of her and her style and her album closer than close (which is a brilliant album, BRILLIANT)

I loved her collab with Prince and always wondered who she was but never looked far into it. Thanks for doing this, twin. I have a lead to go on now :)

Your welcome twin, if nothing else get that Closer than Close album, my twin you will not be disapointed, theres a song called I almost lost you where she SLAYYYYYYYS. I highly recomend that album, hell check out the EPK on the 1st vid and tell me from just the lil taste she gives of all the songs that you dont like it lol

i love her work with the New Power Generation. Thats when I was a Prince stan. :wub:

Yea I love NPG I think more than I love The Revolution, or maybe equally as much. He knows how to get the best players for damn sure, and in Rosies case he got a great singer, excuse me, Sanger

Your welcome twin, if nothing else get that Closer than Close album, my twin you will not be disapointed, theres a song called I almost lost you where she SLAYYYYYYYS. I highly recomend that album, hell check out the EPK on the 1st vid and tell me from just the lil taste she gives of all the songs that you dont like it lol

I'll be sure to get that. Thanks for the recommendation :)

I believe it. Her range has always been a wonder to be and so I'm sure the rest of her work mirrors that wonder. I'll watch the vid when I can get home and let you know what I think. I can bet anything that you'll get nothing but rave reviews :thumbup:

Yea I love NPG I think more than I love The Revolution, or maybe equally as much. He knows how to get the best players for damn sure, and in Rosies case he got a great singer, excuse me, Sanger

:lol:

he definitely has an eye for talent. he just doesnt know how to manage their career. -_-

:lol:

he definitely has an eye for talent. he just doesnt know how to manage their career. -_-

Woo, who you tellin? LOL, with her voice and range and writing, producing & arranging skills she should be in legendary status now, but no, she's too damn underated, so are alot of NPG & The Revolution.

I'll be sure to get that. Thanks for the recommendation :)

I believe it. Her range has always been a wonder to be and so I'm sure the rest of her work mirrors that wonder. I'll watch the vid when I can get home and let you know what I think. I can bet anything that you'll get nothing but rave reviews :thumbup:

OK twin I hope you do (o and the clip of I Almost Lost You is at 2:42 if anyone's interested)

Woo, who you tellin? LOL, with her voice and range and writing, producing & arranging skills she should be in legendary status now, but no, she's too damn underated, so are alot of NPG & The Revolution.

alot of his artist should be. thats why he was all up in arms when Jimmy and Terry left The Time and worked their magic on Janet. He secretly wants to take credit for Janets success...i know he does, thats why he likes to 'shade' her the way he does. I love me some Prince, but his ego can get out of control sometimes.

alot of his artist should be. thats why he was all up in arms when Jimmy and Terry left The Time and worked their magic on Janet. He secretly wants to take credit for Janets success...i know he does, thats why he likes to 'shade' her the way he does. I love me some Prince, but his ego can get out of control sometimes.

I was just thinking, I think that Prince likes to use the artist for his music and under his name, away from that..........good luck lol. hell WENDY & LISA!!! OMG, they should be huge, love me some Wendy & Lisa (their 1st album is amazing)

I was just thinking, I think that Prince likes to use the artist for his music and under his name, away from that..........good luck lol. hell WENDY & LISA!!! OMG, they should be huge, love me some Wendy & Lisa (their 1st album is amazing)

oh hellz yes. i love them as well.

Yea I never really thought about that, I think Prince will get the best musicians so they can work together and make amazing music, but when they wanna do their own thing it looks like he's like "......good luck....."

exactly. it wouldnt hurt him to humble himself more.

Yea his arrogance really is off putting. Hell he thinks he's too good for Itunes.............COME ON!! I mean the mans a musical genius, but I kinda wish he didnt know he was lol.

O-KAY!!! :lol: I will always love him though, he was the first artist I stanned for. :wub:

She was the highlight on "Diamonds and Pearls" the song IMO. ^_^ I also liked her rough vocals on Goofy Movie's "I 2 I" w/ Tevin. At 3:23 she really starts sangin... :excited:

Off-Topic Sidenote #1: I think Prince ghost-wrote this song. I mean her and Tevin were both his protegees.

Off-Topic Sidenote #2: I just realized at 1:01 Riri's "Only Girl" video is a ripoff of Max's dream sequence lol

Archived