"This is The X Factor, not Soul Train" - Louis on Kelly Rowland

bu.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/the-x-factor/335377-x-factor-kelly-rowland-tulisa-louis-walsh

The X Factor judges Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh have had a massive bust-up with Kelly Rowland.

According to reports, they are unhappy that Kelly keeps giving them unsolicited advice on how to mentor their acts.

"Producers are likening the studios to a disaster zone,” a show insider told the Sunday Mirror. “The acts are getting the blame for the show not going so well, so they're a bit downtrodden - like the walking wounded. Meanwhile, the judges are sniping at each other."

Tulisa in particular was said to have got annoyed when Kelly gave her a handwritten note with her tips on songs for the Rhythmix and The Risk.

"Tulisa could not believe her ears," the source told the tabloid. "She was relaxing with her entourage and Kelly walks in with all these notes. She was dumbstruck. So in a dismissive tone she just said, 'Don't worry about it babe, I'll be fine'.

"Kelly didn't even realise Tulisa was being rude,” they continued. “Kelly only realised both were annoyed when someone mentioned it in the week. She was pissed off.”

Meanwhile, Louis has claimed the Destiny’s Child singer doesn’t understand the UK market. "Kelly is too R&B, she knows that music inside out. But this is The X Factor, not Soul Train. She needs to be more mainstream,” he claimed. “This is a Saturday night show for all the family.

The tension threatened to spill over into Saturday night’s live show, when Dermot O’Leary was forced to step in to stop the bickering when Tulisa and Louis ganged up to rant about Kelly’s act Misha Bryan.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/the-x-factor/335377-x-factor-kelly-rowland-tulisa-louis-walsh

The X Factor judges Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh have had a massive bust-up with Kelly Rowland.

According to reports, they are unhappy that Kelly keeps giving them unsolicited advice on how to mentor their acts.

"Producers are likening the studios to a disaster zone,” a show insider told the Sunday Mirror. “The acts are getting the blame for the show not going so well, so they're a bit downtrodden - like the walking wounded. Meanwhile, the judges are sniping at each other."

Tulisa in particular was said to have got annoyed when Kelly gave her a handwritten note with her tips on songs for the Rhythmix and The Risk.

"Tulisa could not believe her ears," the source told the tabloid. "She was relaxing with her entourage and Kelly walks in with all these notes. She was dumbstruck. So in a dismissive tone she just said, 'Don't worry about it babe, I'll be fine'.

"Kelly didn't even realise Tulisa was being rude,” they continued. “Kelly only realised both were annoyed when someone mentioned it in the week. She was pissed off.”

Meanwhile, Louis has claimed the Destiny’s Child singer doesn’t understand the UK market. "Kelly is too R&B, she knows that music inside out. But this is The X Factor, not Soul Train. She needs to be more mainstream,” he claimed. “This is a Saturday night show for all the family.The tension threatened to spill over into Saturday night’s live show, when Dermot O’Leary was forced to step in to stop the bickering when Tulisa and Louis ganged up to rant about Kelly’s act Misha Bryan.

racist

She had 8 top 20 R&B hits (5 of those within the top 10) on the UK Top 40 before she went dance...Dance gave her another 3 top 10 hits...

So that gives her the honest right to be giving advice to the others? :huh: I wanna hear about no. 1s. Top 10s are impressive and Top 20s are nice, but where are the no. 1s? :umm:

So that gives her the honest right to be giving advice to the others? :huh: I wanna hear about no. 1s. Top 10s are impressive and Top 20s are nice, but where are the no. 1s? :umm:

Number ones aren't all that. Janet has no number ones here but she still saw MAJOR success here. At the end of the day Kelly was a part of one of the worlds biggest girl groups and she has a slightly successful career in Europe (though very mediocre in the US). I think she has the right to give advice to the other judges when she's the only one thats seen worldwide success in both a group setting and solo. Funnily enough her acts are the ones that are praised every week (although one is being called a bully right now) whereas the others are being slated.

It's true :rolleyes:

She had 8 top 20 R&B hits (5 of those within the top 10) on the UK Top 40 before she went dance...Dance gave her another 3 top 10 hits...

BuBu, nobody's checking for the Flop&B charts, especially in the UK. :umm:

I think I read your comment wrong. You saying she had hits on the R&B chart, or R&B songs on the top 40?

Number ones aren't all that. Janet has no number ones here but she still saw MAJOR success here. At the end of the day Kelly was a part of one of the worlds biggest girl groups and she has a slightly successful career in Europe (though very mediocre in the US). I think she has the right to give advice to the other judges when she's the only one thats seen worldwide success in both a group setting and solo.

*stops reading at the Janet reference* Can't finish. :filenails:

But she's just stating that she's primarily an R&B artist.

I said she's successful here. She said not by R&B. I stated she had a mildly successful R&B career before selling out to dance. Am I missing something? :umm:.

Where? :umm:

Uhh no. Janet is in a different caliber. Kelly's 2 no. 1s are from her Guetta work. Not R&B but one, one and a half.

Guetta didn't produce Dilemma.

You're post (imo) was implying that someone with no #1s should not be giving advice to others about singing/song choices. I listed a different artist that also has no #1s in the UK YET people look up to her and want a career like hers. Obviously Janet is a different caliber to Kelly. Janet is a legend - Kelly a lessor. I'm not stupid. But why the hypocrisy?

Clearly the points y'all are trying to make are going over my head and I'm blaming it on these 2000 invoices I've got to input at work :tear:

And??? She has done popULAR music before..

And it has given her the most success versus R&B. That doesn't mean it was a racist comment. R&B is her main niche. Home plate. We have seen that based on her previous albums. What I believe they're saying is that most of those there are looking for mainstream success and dance-like hits are what is doing that(not including Adele).

Guetta didn't produce Dilemma.

You're post (imo) was implying that someone with no #1s should not be giving advice to others about singing/song choices. I listed a different artist that also has no #1s in the UK YET people look up to her and want a career like hers. Obviously Janet is a different caliber to Kelly. Janet is a legend - Kelly a lessor. I'm not stupid. But why the hypocrisy?

Clearly the points y'all are trying to make are going over my head and I'm blaming it on these 2000 invoices I've got to input at work :tear:

The one, one and a half I'm referring to Dilemma and Motivation(if it hit #1 there, too.) Dilemma was half hers.

My main point is that she should stick to what is/was making her hot and what is really hot on the charts right now since that's what those on X-factor are looking for(I believe). Dance hits are doing that right now(minus Adele). R&B isn't really cutting it right now save that very lucky few.

How?

See above.

Archived