"This is The X Factor, not Soul Train" - Louis on Kelly Rowland

bu.

And it has given her the most success versus R&B. That doesn't mean it was a racist comment. R&B is her main niche. Home plate. We have seen that based on her previous albums. What I believe they're saying is that most of those there are looking for mainstream success and dance-like hits are what is doing that(not including Adele).

For them to say this is not Soul Train (which has nothing to do with judging someone singing) is racist.

And why can't a R&B artist judge someone singing pop songs?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one, one and a half I'm referring to Dilemma and Motivation(if it hit #1 there, too.) Dilemma was half hers.

My main point is that she should stick to what is/was making her hot and what is really hot on the charts right now since that's what those on X-factor are looking for(I believe). Dance hits are doing that right now(minus Adele). R&B isn't really cutting it right now save that very lucky few.

See above.

Motivation wasn't released here. I think Louis only said that because she's black tbh. He ALWAYS compares the black folk to something or someone associated with a black person hence why he said 'Kelly knows the R&B market'...umm Louis she hasn't released an R&B song since Ms Kelly tanked :lmao:.

If my points seem a bit scattered, chalk it to this essay I'm trying to write, not to my heart. -_-

Yeah I'm blaming mine to these annoying invoices I've got to enter but reluctantly doing :asham:. There's 1945 to do :tear:!

For them to say this is not Soul Train (which has nothing to do with judging someone singing) is racist.

And that was the one I said was possibly racist, or very judgmental. Either one.

I didn't say she couldn't be a judge, I'm saying that she needs to look at what those she is trying teach is actually looking to gain. Those looking to win, mostly, are aiming for Pop/Dance. She needs to look through those eyes.

I don't think Soul Train even ever aired in the UK :rolleyes:. He clearly knows it's likes an old school BET and said it because Kelly is black. He's so...ugh I don't know. Like I said he'll NEVER compare a black person to a white person. He'll compare a black shouting powerhouse vocalist contestant to Toni, Whitney or Patti but never Celine or Christina. He'll compare a black dancing singer contestant to Chris Brown, Usher but never Justin Timberlake.

Motivation wasn't released here. I think Louis only said that because she's black tbh. He ALWAYS compares the black folk to something or someone associated with a black person hence why he said 'Kelly knows the R&B market'...umm Louis she hasn't released an R&B song since Ms Kelly tanked :lmao:.

Yeah I'm blaming mine to these annoying invoices I've got to enter but reluctantly doing :asham:. There's 1945 to do :tear:!

You'd know him better than I lol. The only real point is that Kelly has R&B under her belt. Primarily. His motives behind why he said it are beyond me :lol: :lol:

:mellow::( Don't you have someone there to help you? :unsure:

You'd know him better than I lol. The only real point is that Kelly has R&B under her belt. Primarily. His motives behind why he said it are beyond me :lol: :lol:

:mellow::( Don't you have someone there to help you? :unsure:

They're doing their own thing :(. I don't want to do it Reyna!

344w5r8-vi.gif

I don't think Soul Train even ever aired in the UK :rolleyes:. He clearly knows it's likes an old school BET and said it because Kelly is black. He's so...ugh I don't know. Like I said he'll NEVER compare a black person to a white person. He'll compare a black shouting powerhouse vocalist contestant to Toni, Whitney or Patti but never Celine or Christina. He'll compare a black dancing singer contestant to Chris Brown, Usher but never Justin Timberlake.

Soul Train is nothing like BET.. :lmao:

Awww, there there. Calm down. :(

janet.jpg

Janhovacry-vi.gif

Whats worse is I keep getting direct messages from the same person on Twitter :(. I ALWAYS attract the stalkers.

You are right Bubu :)

About what :unsure:? Well I'm glad we agree on something for once :lol:

And that was the one I said was possibly racist, or very judgmental. Either one.

I didn't say she couldn't be a judge, I'm saying that she needs to look at what those she is trying teach is actually looking to gain. Those looking to win, mostly, are aiming for Pop/Dance. She needs to look through those eyes.

Are they judging the people on their vocals or dancing? :unsure:

Meanwhile, Louis has claimed the Destiny’s Child singer doesn’t understand the UK market. "Kelly is too R&B, she knows that music inside out. But this is The X Factor, not Soul Train. She needs to be more mainstream,” he claimed. “This is a Saturday night show for all the family.

What he said was not only shady, but does come off as very racially motivated.

Janhovacry-vi.gif

Whats worse is I keep getting direct messages from the same person on Twitter :(. I ALWAYS attract the stalkers.

I am so sorry, dear. :asham: You can report him though, if need be. :whistle::lol:

Are they judging the people on their vocals or dancing? :unsure:

I thought it was an eclectic thing, but the singers are of course for vocals. My thing is what will happen to them after the show. They want a mainstream career. That, right now, is with Pop/Dance music.

I am so sorry, dear. :asham: You can report him though, if need be. :whistle::lol:

I thought it was an eclectic thing, but the singers are of course for vocals. My thing is what will happen to them after the show. They want a mainstream career. That, right now, is with Pop/Dance music.

I could do :lol:. He was being slick the other day. He said 'I have your name in my phone but I have no number to go with it'. I was like chile I don't know you so you ain't getting no number. And now he DMs me every day asking how I am. This happened to me a few months ago too by another person.

I could do :lol:. He was being slick the other day. He said 'I have your name in my phone but I have no number to go with it'. I was like chile I don't know you so you ain't getting no number. And now he DMs me every day asking how I am. This happened to me a few months ago too by another person.

:huh: You can't knock the number hustle though. That was kinda nice :lol: But for the rest? Get a restraining order :mellow:

:huh: You can't knock the number hustle though. That was kinda nice :lol: But for the rest? Get a restraining order :mellow:

:lol:! I should block really.

:o

I keep reading the UK Xfactor is 1million times better than the US version. :unsure:

Oh it is. The US one is a total snooze fest - but I remember the earlier UK ones being like that so it'll probably pick up and become more about the drama in later seasons (if they have them)

So that gives her the honest right to be giving advice to the others? :huh: I wanna hear about no. 1s. Top 10s are impressive and Top 20s are nice, but where are the no. 1s? :umm:

You act like a number one means anything these days. The girl is successful and she has the talent and history to back it up. Stop being so uppity

Archived