Biden "comfortable" with gay marriage

Kim

Biden on gay marriage: ‘Absolutely comfortable with men marrying men, women marrying women’

While Biden wouldn't say if the Obama administration would support gay-marriage legislation in a second term, he expressed his personal views on the topic:

DAVID GREGORY: And you're comfortable with same-sex marriage now?

VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN: I-- I-- look, I am vice president of the United States of America. The president sets the policy. I am absolutely comfortable with the fact that men marrying men, women marrying women, and heterosexual men and women marrying another are entitled to the same exact rights, all the civil rights, all the civil liberties. And quite frankly, I don't see much of a distinction--beyond that.

DAVID GREGORY: In a second term, will this administration come out behind same-sex marriage, the institution of marriage?

VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN: Well, I-- I-- I can't speak to that. I-- I-- I-- I don't know the answer to that.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/biden-gay-marriage-absolutely-comfortable-men-marrying-men-152035862.html

----

:thumbup:

Not feelin his stuttering at the end though. :umm::asham:

Apparently: "The vice president becomes the highest ranking official to publicly support same-sex unions."

Archived