SHOULD RICH KIDS KEEP THEIR SCHOLARSHIPS?

Shawn1814

Hell yea he does..

I think he recently got him a Maybach.

maybachx-large.jpg

Ch...that scholarship needs to go to someone less fortunate. I don't understand why Rich kids get scholarships when they don't need it! They can buy their place...a regular normal low-class (and in this economy even middle class) person can't. Is there something I'm missing?

I say yes because even though their parent(s) are rich doesn't mean they are and didn't work hard for the scholarships.

He got a 3.75 GPA - from what I read he would have got in anyway. I do agree that just because his dad is rich doesn't mean he is (even though he got that Maybach lol). I've never qualified for a scholarship because my father was 'rich' but I never saw any money myself. However...the fact that he would get in without the scholarship is what bothers me.

He got a 3.75 GPA - from what I read he would have got in anyway. I do agree that just because his dad is rich doesn't mean he is (even though he got that Maybach lol). I've never qualified for a scholarship because my father was 'rich' but I never saw any money myself. However...the fact that he would get in without the scholarship is what bothers me.

Over here a lot don't get the full financial aid benefits because their parents "make too much income" and they don't make nowhere near the same amount of money Diddy pays. If the child did great enough to get scholarships, it shouldn't depend on the parents (they didn't do the school work and/or extracurricular activities for their children). That's probably why a lot are in debt from student loans. But the educational system here is beyond flawed.

Out of good faith he should donate it.If he didn't get the scholarship he father would have paid anyway...

It's not because of "good faith". I could understand if the kid themselves came up with the idea to donate to ones that need help, but to suggest a kid should do it just because their parents got money and others don't is crazy. I still say they should keep them and if they themselves decide to donate them, then great. If not, they worked hard during school (and probably trying to provide for themselves and not live off of their parents) and earned them.

He shouldn't feel any obligation to not keep the scholarship. He worked for it and earned it.

However, if he really doesn't need it, then he should decline it so someone else can benefit from it.

His father has over 500,000,000 .

It's the same as a regular family that has to save for their child's education..

It's not because of "good faith". I could understand if the kid themselves came up with the idea to donate to ones that need help, but to suggest a kid should do it just because their parents got money and others don't is crazy. I still say they should keep them and if they themselves decide to donate them, then great. If not, they worked hard during school (and probably trying to provide for themselves and not live off of their parents) and earned them.

That sounds good for a child that HAS to pay for college because their parents really can't afford it..

His father has over 500,000,000 .

It's the same as a regular family that has to save for their child's education..

So should that kid from a regular family that saved for their child's education donate his/her scholarships to a kid from another family whose parents didn't bother to save for their kid's future?

That sounds good for a child that HAS to pay for college because their parents really can't afford it..

If the child has to pay because their parents couldn't afford it, then they couldn't attempt living off them for the rest of their life could it? You see how dumb your reply is?

He got a football scholarship...so I'm assuming thats a scholarship based solely on athletic ability and not on financial 'need'. So he earnt it through hard work and good ability I guess.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/05/29/son-of-sean-p-diddy-combs-awarded-full-scholarship-to-ucla/

It's from athletics and academic achievements. Hell some schools won't even look at athletes (or possible great ones) if they didn't get a sports scholarship. Seems like blatin needs stronger reading glasses.