Will the 2000's be considered "Golden Eras" in music?

EphraimAdamz

60's/70's/80's/90's all have what people consider "golden eras" of music. A new genre seemed to be introduced each decade

60's - 70's Rock n Roll & Country Music

70's - 80's Funk, Dance & Disco

80's - 90's Hip-Hop & Heavy Metal

90's - 2000's RnB & Rap Music

Tons of sub genres are out there but what would you consider the 2000's and 2010's to be known for ten to twenty years from now?

I'd probably say the peak of the Southern Music scene, along with mogul-ism in the industry. Yeah, nut I can't say the 2000s had a major breakthrough in the industry.

I say the 2010s is the pop era. It is really hard to succeed outside of youth-driven pop or some form of it.

• Upvote 1

I'd probably say the peak of the Southern Music scene, along with mogul-ism in the industry. Yeah, nut I can't say the 2000s had a major breakthrough in the industry.

I say the 2010s is the pop era. It is really hard to succeed outside of youth-driven pop or some form of it.

I'm guessing your talking about this latest American fusion where all genres incorporate EDM?

I'm guessing your talking about this latest American fusion where all genres incorporate EDM?

But most of the stuff on the radio was not even EDM in a pure sense, but rather pop with heavy EDM elements.

R&B isn't doing much and seems to be at deaths door

Rock also seems to be a deaths door.

Hip Hop/Rap is managing but not as strong as 5 years ago.

Country is a decent force.

I just think the industry is in such bad shape that artists need to execute a surefire plan for success, even if that means stifling innovation.

But most of the stuff on the radio was not even EDM in a pure sense, but rather pop with heavy EDM elements.

R&B isn't doing much and seems to be at deaths door

Rock also seems to be a deaths door.

Hip Hop/Rap is managing but not as strong as 5 years ago.

Country is a decent force.

I just think the industry is in such bad shape that artists need to execute a surefire plan for success, even if that means stifling innovation.

Very true. They seemed to have taken Edm/House/Electronica/Techno, whatever you like to call it and gave it a generic verse, hook, chorus, bridge format to it. Or the reverse as you put it.

The 2000s just seemed like a mix of everything of all those eras mentioned tbh.

Music has been boring as fuck this decade. I haven't bought an actual album outside of the big artists (beyonces, Rihanna's and Justin timberlakes) at all.

• Upvote 1

2000 is all about attention, label decisions and writers/producers. You can hardly think about classic mainstream albums from this decade. Almost impossible to get albums like TVR/ROL/Butterfly these days.

Think about it, the 2000's mainstream music sounds a lot more dated than the one from 80/90's.

60's/70's/80's/90's all have what people consider "golden eras" of music. A new genre seemed to be introduced each decade

60's - 70's Rock n Roll & Country Music

70's - 80's Funk, Dance & Disco

80's - 90's Hip-Hop & Heavy Metal /New Wave / Electro

90's - 2000's RnB & Rap Music/ Eurodance

Tons of sub genres are out there but what would you consider the 2000's and 2010's to be known for ten to twenty years from now?

fixed

2000 is all about attention, label decisions and writers/producers. You can hardly think about classic mainstream albums from this decade. Almost impossible to get albums like TVR/ROL/Butterfly these days.

Think about it, the 2000's mainstream music sounds a lot more dated than the one from 80/90's.

it's true...

It's not about music anymore

The only 'new' style is Electroclash which is a mix of dance/new wave and pop

before you had to be great to become great... Now you just have to look great

it's true...

It's not about music anymore

The only 'new' style is Electroclash which is a mix of dance/new wave and pop

before you had to be great to become great... Now you just have to look great

Everyone wants to be a mogul right now. It great the one want to be more in control of his/her career, but I don't find to cool that some artists seem to be taking opportunities of others.

But like I said, with the music industry in as bad shape as it is, no one really wants to take risks anymore.

Everyone wants to be a mogul right now. It great the one want to be more in control of his/her career, but I don't find to cool that some artists seem to be taking opportunities of others.

But like I said, with the music industry in as bad shape as it is, no one really wants to take risks anymore.

There was a documentary just a week ago about how dance music started and some star of the 80`s (can't remember who tho) said... Back in the 70's and 80's everyone wanted to be different from others... No one wanted to do something that others were doing and that's why there was so much diversity and groundbreaking stuff then.

Now everyone is trying to sound the same

It might be a record label thing that they want this for their artists as they just need those hits

There was a documentary just a week ago about how dance music started and some star of the 80`s (can't remember who tho) said... Back in the 70's and 80's everyone wanted to be different from others... No one wanted to do something that others were doing and that's why there was so much diversity and groundbreaking stuff then.

Now everyone is trying to sound the same

It might be a record label thing that they want this for their artists as they just need those hits

You also have to consider that the music industry really has consolidated itself over the decades. In the 50s and 60s there used to be boutique labels in most major cities that manage to have significant success and put their cities on the map. By the 70s though, everything moved to NY and LA. Many of those labels buckled in the competition and wound up being bought up by these media conglomerates by the 80s and throughout the 90s. Now the industry is mostly controlled by 3 companies, so finding some diversity will be a steep hill to climb.

You also have to consider that the music industry really has consolidated itself over the decades. In the 50s and 60s there used to be boutique labels in most major cities that manage to have significant success and put their cities on the map. By the 70s though, everything moved to NY and LA. Many of those labels buckled in the competition and wound up being bought up by these media conglomerates by the 80s and throughout the 90s. Now the industry is mostly controlled by 3 companies, so finding some diversity will be a steep hill to climb.

So much truth and knowledge you have :clapping: