Alicia Keys - Here (Album cover)

bu.

WHEW at the HDD # for Alicia. 40K is not the tea. She is in such a weird place commercially. Her and Usher used to be huge album sellers and now they are struggling to go wood. 

That whole Mashonda mess really hurt her public image :o She's been on a downhill spiral since EOF. People didnt give that album a fair chance and she kinda pandered a bit with GOF but the public is forever telling her nope. 

She fell of with Girl on Fire album... and the whole marriage thing.. that and this album literally has zero appeal for Billboard Relevant chart

Same with Usher 

Edited by Game

I just listened while cleaning the bathroom.  Lyrically I like some of what she has to offer here.  I could do without the way she used poems and that cocoa butter interlude was annoying.  I don't think I liked any of the interludes actually.

I didn't bother adding the interludes to iTunes. Such a waste

On first listen, which will probably be the only one it will get, this album is simply not good. AT. ALL. In Common shits on all of these songs and it's not even on the album. What was she thinking? The lyrics are good I guess. Holy War is nice, though.

She fell of with Girl on Fire album... and the whole marriage thing.. that and this album literally has zero appeal for Billboard Relevant chart

Same with Usher 

The Element of Freedom was the beginning of the end. That album was helped by the holiday season. Idk if she understands what her marriage to Swizz Beats did to her career.

Edited by Illi
  • Upvote 1

Sales really are the pits right now but for someone as HUGE as she was to struggle to even sell 50k is just mind-boggling. 

If like 5 or 6 years ago someone told me that Alicia and Usher would be struggling to outsell Keysha Cole i'd be laughing all day long.

The Element of Freedom was the beginning of the end. That album was helped by the holiday season. Idk if she understands what her marriage to Swizz Beats did to her career.

Yeap. Not to mention that she was coming off a huge era with As I Am. TEOF did good sales wise but it was the start of all the mashonda gate. 

Sales really are the pits right now but for someone as HUGE as she was to struggle to even sell 50k is just mind-boggling. 

If like 5 or 6 years ago someone told me that Alicia and Usher would be struggling to outsell Keysha Cole i'd be laughing all day long.

Yeap. Not to mention that she was coming off a huge era with As I Am. TEOF did good sales wise but it was the start of all the mashonda gate. 

Problem with Usher was that he never wanted to be a true artist, therefore he lacked any real direction. And it showed as time went on.

Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart was str8 fire, and the fact that it only did moderately showed how that situation turned the fans and GP off.

That album is a masterpiece!!! 

Doesn't help that she doesn't have hit tracks 

I could have predicted Usher's self-demise post-Confessions. Keysha Cole is shit and would sell less than these two today and yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

IMO, this album is better than her debut, AIA, and GOF. 

I can listen to it in full repeatedly.

Doesn't top TDOAK or TEOF, but it can hang.

The album is good, it's just that its not cool or trendy to like Alicia anymore so nobody is giving her a fair chance.

• Upvote 1