Queen Minaj vs. Remy Nah

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

ICYMI Remy Ma released a diss track, for free, on SoundCloud yesterday or Friday dissing Nicki Minaj

Not sure if Nicki responded but if I were her, I wouldn't respond to every never-was that wrote a diss track. 

You can find the free track yourself. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Downvote 1

Apparently Nicki reignited the beef, and apparently Remy Ma obliterated her with "Shether." I listened to it, it definitely got good towards the end but... I find myself not really caring. -_- 

I know beefs are part of hip hop and such but, can't these people just focus on making good music? Like, do they have much against each other other than being rivals in the same business and fighting for prestige? You don't see Missy getting involved in this messy shit. 

I mean as Remy Ma, I would clapback to Nicki's taunts, that's what you do. So I guess the loser here is nicki. Like, why are you mentioning someone's sales? Like, out of the blue. Like ok you're the "queen of rap." She is literally the only female rapper of today. Of course she has no competition and can consider herself "the queen." How would she have fared in the 90s though when shit was really poppin? Like she's the son of all these bitches. 

So yeah I guess I'm team Remy...

And of course Azealia inserted her dumb ass into it by tweeting. GIRL. You had your chance. No one cares anymore. Shut the fuck up. 

• Upvote 2

can't these people just focus on making good music?

You don't see Missy 

1) That's the thing. Which artist of the two makes better music? I'll wait :coffee:  One is A very successful black woman and the other is some street rapper from high school. Like, sit down and let another black woman have their shine

2) That is correct. We don't see missy.. maybe she should beef with someone to garner attention.. Justin Timberlake

Edited by Game XXIX

1) That's the thing. Which artist of the two makes better music? I'll wait :coffee:  One is A very successful black woman and the other is some street rapper from high school. Like, sit down and let another black woman have their shine

2) That is correct. We don't see missy.. maybe she should beef with someone to garner attention.. Justin Timberlake

Textbook Game response. :coffee: 

• Upvote 1

Remy Nah needs to sit her ass down. She has no real reason why she went for Nicki. Nobody knows who Nicki was talking about when she made that diss. All of a sudden we got new Remy fans but nobody went out and bought her music. On the contrary Nicki's "Pinkprint" rose 15 spots on the Billboard 200. Mind you Remy made a fool of herself when she did this shit

• Upvote 1

I've never really liked Nicki.. I've always seen her as fake as a $3 bill since day one.. that said, she's def had some hits that have been caught in my head even more than I'd like to admit..

however, listening to Remy go HAM on her in this track was pure bliss for me.. and of course Nicki ain't gonna respond to her.... she sucks as a writer. Ever since Safaree left her plastic ass, her song quality has decreased over and over.. she's a joke now.. she got the attention she wanted in the beginning by competing with Gaga and Katy Perry over who could wear the crazier outfits, but now that they've moved on to actual legitimate success in their careers, Nicki has been stalling for quite some time now..

• Upvote 4

Remy Nah needs to sit her ass down. She has no real reason why she went for Nicki. Nobody knows who Nicki was talking about when she made that diss. All of a sudden we got new Remy fans but nobody went out and bought her music. On the contrary Nicki's "Pinkprint" rose 15 spots on the Billboard 200. Mind you Remy made a fool of herself when she did this shit

Doesn't matter how much she sold. A lot of trash sells and Nicki's music is trash. She spits kiddy bars that she doesn't even write and if she didn't go around dressing Iike a whore no one would care. I can't find a true Nicki fan over the age of 17 she is a clown with that Barbie shit 

• Upvote 2

Doesn't matter how much she sold. A lot of trash sells and Nicki's music is trash. She spits kiddy bars that she doesn't even write and if she didn't go around dressing Iike a whore no one would care. I can't find a true Nicki fan over the age of 17 she is a clown with that Barbie shit 

Sexism isn't cool. Women can dress however they'd like and if anyone had the body Nicki bought, they would too

I've never really liked Nicki.. I've always seen her as fake as a $3 bill since day one.. that said, she's def had some hits that have been caught in my head even more than I'd like to admit..

however, listening to Remy go HAM on her in this track was pure bliss for me.. and of course Nicki ain't gonna respond to her.... she sucks as a writer. Ever since Safaree left her plastic ass, her song quality has decreased over and over.. she's a joke now.. she got the attention she wanted in the beginning by competing with Gaga and Katy Perry over who could wear the crazier outfits, but now that they've moved on to actual legitimate success in their careers, Nicki has been stalling for quite some time now..

You don't have to like her to respect her historic career as a black female rapper (yes rapper... if Left Eye is considered a rapper than so is Minaj)

Nicki shouldn't reply.. her reply is her achievements.. some thing Remy is never going to see.. It would be like if Beyoncé started to reply to Twitter haters.. Remy is nothing more than a woman with a microphone and internet connection.

Nicki actually stopped dressing weird right around the time Gaga & Katy stopped. Nicki's last album only sold 100k less than the Pink Friday. She's a single artist like Rihanna tho. She hasn't released anything in 3 years (she's up for a release on Xmas day probably). But Nicki at her worse is better than anything Remy has officially released 

It's true, Nicki dropped her single white female of Gaga after Pink Friday and the Re Up. 

And she had the nerve to say there was no comparison... lol! All these bitches is Gaga's sons tbh. -_- 

Anyway I'm getting off topic. Nicki slays, but you can't run your mouth and not expect a clapback, simple as that. She doesn't need to respond but her credibility seems to be hurting right now in the hip hop community. 

• Upvote 1

It's true, Nicki dropped her single white female of Gaga after Pink Friday and the Re Up. 

And she had the nerve to say there was no comparison... lol! All these bitches is Gaga's sons tbh. -_- 

Anyway I'm getting off topic. Nicki slays, but you can't run your mouth and not expect a clapback, simple as that. She doesn't need to respond but her credibility seems to be hurting right now in the hip hop community. 

Maybe she'll release an album people want :rolleyes: 

Did any of Lil Kim's diss tracks get this much attention? I don't remember. It seems Remy really went in and actually did make a dent in Nicki...

No.. like Remy is going to do, Lil Kim embarrassed herself by releasing an album via PayPal. 

A dent is repairable. Remy doesn't have credibility 

No.. like Remy is going to do, Lil Kim embarrassed herself by releasing an album via PayPal. 

A dent is repairable. Remy doesn't have credibility 

Remy certainly seems to have credibility. :unsure: I don't know anything about her but I'm basing this on the internet's reactions. -_- 

• Upvote 1

You don't have to like her to respect her historic career as a black female rapper (yes rapper... if Left Eye is considered a rapper than so is Minaj)

Nicki shouldn't reply.. her reply is her achievements.. some thing Remy is never going to see.. It would be like if Beyoncé started to reply to Twitter haters.. Remy is nothing more than a woman with a microphone and internet connection.

Nicki actually stopped dressing weird right around the time Gaga & Katy stopped. Nicki's last album only sold 100k less than the Pink Friday. She's a single artist like Rihanna tho. She hasn't released anything in 3 years (she's up for a release on Xmas day probably). But Nicki at her worse is better than anything Remy has officially released 

I agree that obviously Remy isn't on Nicki's career level..  but to say that she's nothing more than a woman with a mic and internet is a little bit of underselling Remy imo.. I mean she has enough people aware of her that this diss track blew tf up enough to warrant a response from nicki's people stating there weren't going to respond (...tf??) lol! It's not like she's some no-name internet blogger.. Remy has a fan base of her own.. nothing like Nicki's for sure, but she's been around longer than Nicki and most people would automatically give Remy the title of lyricist over than Nicki I think.. Nicki doesn't seem to write much, and it's shown when she doesn't have a team behind her.. Nicki is the Beyonce of hip-hop.. yea she's got the fans and the numbers and the hits, and she can do a helluva job at selling a song (as long as it wasn't written by her), but does she have the sole artistic caliber that her peers possess...? Naw, don't think so..

the fact that we're even having this discussion is proof in my book that Remy has made her point and made it well..

• Upvote 3

I agree that obviously Remy isn't on Nicki's career level..  but to say that she's nothing more than a woman with a mic and internet is a little bit of underselling Remy imo.. I mean she has enough people aware of her that this diss track blew tf up enough to warrant a response from nicki's people stating there weren't going to respond (...tf??) lol! It's not like she's some no-name internet blogger.. Remy has a fan base of her own.. nothing like Nicki's for sure, but she's been around longer than Nicki and most people would automatically give Remy the title of lyricist over than Nicki I think.. Nicki doesn't seem to write much, and it's shown when she doesn't have a team behind her.. Nicki is the Beyonce of hip-hop.. yea she's got the fans and the numbers and the hits, and she can do a helluva job at selling a song (as long as it wasn't written by her), but does she have the sole artistic caliber that her peers possess...? Naw, don't think so..

the fact that we're even having this discussion is proof in my book that Remy has made her point and made it well..

Remy doesn't have a fan base period. That's alternative truth. Her fan base like her music career is nonexistent.. Nicki Minaj will go down in the history. ENRON has s bigger fan base than Remy. How do you measure a fan base? Sales, tickets... 

Weird that Nicki doesn't write much yet is credited on every track from Pinkprint 

Beyonce hasn't sold a song in nine years. Nicki has. Nicki is not the Beyoncé of hip hop... she's 10x more comparable to Rihanna

Nicki's peers are Drake and the other rappers her age

Remy made a point: any idiot can release a diss track free on the internet but cant save their own career :coffee: 

Edited by Game XXIX