Janet adds another Europe festival #MJF19

bonsaibutterfly

1 hour ago, TaurusLove84 said:

I wish Janet would do something new. She should release a lullaby album for babies and kids. And I wish she would lend her voice to some major DJ with whom they could release a worldwide hit which would appeal to the younger audience too. 😊

They should've released 'HeartBeat Love' with Pitbull in 2010. THAT would've been a hit! 

3 hours ago, Jakob said:

They should've released 'HeartBeat Love' with Pitbull in 2010. THAT would've been a hit! 

I agree. Although it's unfinished i'm sure the finished version would've been a hit especially in the clubs and on the dance charts.

• Upvote 1

I find most Janet fans online involved in these discussions aren't being realistic and have too many grand ideas or expectations of what "she needs to do". It seems the only method of success that these same fans find acceptable are her charting high on national charts and performing to sold out arenas for multiple nights. 

Having Janet do any shows in Europe is a win, especially festivals. New music doesn't guarantee anything, nor does a collaboration guarantee that 8,000 people are suddenly going to buy tickets to an arena show. It seems like some are more concerned with bragging rights or that it validates Janet's legacy. 

All of us need to come down. Her touring history isn't perfect, but these conversations are old and tired. At least she's doing two major festivals. Take what you can and get over it. We have no control over anything else.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 11:57 AM, TaurusLove84 said:

Has she done festivals in Europe before, I can't remember? I still believe she would need a hit song in Europe to get people interested in her again.

The festivals she did last year were a step in the right direction. She received solid reviews. That along with the multiple accolades she won throughout 2018 put the much needed respect on her name. Most major festivals around the world would book her based on that alone. Plus, a festival is going to promote their event harder than an established independent artist.