Kylie Aphrodite tour: first 17 facts.... US tour dates added!

KlaSh-E

guess i'm buyin a splash ticket now :)

FACT 1: The Les Folies tour will have the most technologically advanced and extravagant stage that has ever been built to date.

FACT 2: The tour will have 20 trucks. 10 trucks alone are going to transport the stage.

FACT 3: The stage is made of more than 1 million movable parts.

FACT 4: The stage will have seven lifts and is the best, most complex and exceptional stage that has ever been built for a venue.

ACT 5: The lighting design consists of more than 600 light sources.

FACT 6: The worldwide unique “Wet Zone” is making it possible for the audience to experience a brand new 4D show!

FACT 7: The developers of the water show at Bellagio and the Disney California Adventure theme parks are creating the water elements of the Les Folies tour. (Examples of their work here.)

FACT 8: During the show water-jets will shoot water up to 30 metres high.

FACT 9: The crew consists of more than 120 people, including 20 background dancers, musical artists and air acrobats

FACT 10: Approximately 200 costumes will be shown during the show.

FACT 11: To transport the artists quickly from A to B, a special “Fly System” has been developed which is inspired by the Spiderman Theatrical Show from Broadway.

FACT 12: The stage will look like this: 165300_173749312660504_137465679622201_339606_3965262_n.jpg

(first leaked stageset up looked like this: see attachment

FACT 13: The total weight of the stage equipment totals 45 tons.

FACT 14: The whole stage plus equipment is worth $25,000,000 US!

FACT 15: The stage has been designed by the RoadRage Group.

FACT 16: The stage is being assembled and built by TAIT Towers of Limit, the world’s biggest and best stage building company.

FACT 17: The lighting design has been created by Nick Whitehouse, who already worked with Kylie on her 2009 North American tour and KylieX2008 tour!

her last stages costed around $16M and $20M so again a big rise in stage costs :)

US tour dates

Aphrodite – Live 2011 North American Dates

April 28 Montreal Bell Centre

April 29 Boston, MA (Agganis Arena at Boston University)

April 30 Washington DC (GMU Patriot Center)

May 2 NYC, NY (Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom)

May 3 NYC, NY (Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom)

May 6 Atlanta, GA (Fox Theatre)

May 7 Fort Lauderdale, FL (Bank Atlantic Center)

May 8 Orlando, FL (Hard Rock Live Orlando)

May 10 Houston, TX (Verizon Wireless Theatre)

May 12 Mexico City (Sports Palace)

May 14 Guadalajara, Mexico (Auditorio Telmex)

May 16 Monterrey, Mexico (Arena)

May 18 Dallas, TX (Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie)

May 20 Los Angeles, CA (Hollywood Bowl)

May 21 San Francisco, CA (Bill Graham Civic Auditorium)

May 22 Las Vegas, NV (Colosseum at Caesars Palace)

From Kylie's camp:

"It should be noted the U.S. leg will be a little different than the European leg. The water element will not be a part of the U.S. staging as the U.S. leg plays in smaller venues and will be a more intimate production than the arena shows in Europe. The show still promises to be a spectacle and will be grand and fabulous as all Kylie shows are. The North American dates will have their own special staging and surprises. It just isn't physically possible to bring the European stage into the U.S. venues in its whole and some of the production will be traveling to Australia while the tour is in North America. We just don't want people to buy tickets expecting the exact same production here and then be let down."

post-31-079469800 1294356509_thumb.jpeg

FACT 18: Kylie better be bringing her tour to a city near me or I will not be pleased.

Aphrodite – Live 2011 North American Dates

April 28 Montreal Bell Centre

April 29 Boston, MA (Agganis Arena at Boston University)

April 30 Washington DC (GMU Patriot Center)

May 2 NYC, NY (Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom)

May 3 NYC, NY (Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom)

May 6 Atlanta, GA (Fox Theatre)

May 7 Fort Lauderdale, FL (Bank Atlantic Center)

May 8 Orlando, FL (Hard Rock Live Orlando)

May 10 Houston, TX (Verizon Wireless Theatre)

May 12 Mexico City (Sports Palace)

May 14 Guadalajara, Mexico (Auditorio Telmex)

May 16 Monterrey, Mexico (Arena)

May 18 Dallas, TX (Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie)

May 20 Los Angeles, CA (Hollywood Bowl)

May 21 San Francisco, CA (Bill Graham Civic Auditorium)

May 22 Las Vegas, NV (Colosseum at Caesars Palace)

i'm so excited for you! :dance:

a Kylie show is something else... it's what made me a fan

It's crazy, I only just became a fan a few months ago. :lol:

Unfortunately the show will probably have to be scaled down in order to fit the venue... I don't think the arena in Ft. Lauderdale will be able to accomodate the above specifications. :lol:

it will indeed be scaled down... but to be honest... A kylie intimate show is the absolute best.. i'm dying to see one of those again, plus it will be a high tech adventure...no way it's gonna be low budget

From Kylie's camp:

"It should be noted the U.S. leg will be a little different than the European leg. The water element will not be a part of the U.S. staging as the U.S. leg plays in smaller venues and will be a more intimate production than the arena shows in Europe. The show still promises to be a spectacle and will be grand and fabulous as all Kylie shows are. The North American dates will have their own special staging and surprises. It just isn't physically possible to bring the European stage into the U.S. venues in its whole and some of the production will be traveling to Australia while the tour is in North America. We just don't want people to buy tickets expecting the exact same production here and then be let down."

Archived