"WICKED GAMES" + "ADORN"

LyricalLesson

I may be hella late, but better late than never, right? These two songs are HANDS down my FAVORITE songs right now.

I happened to hear "Wicked Games" on the radio at like 4:00am literally JUST before I was about to turn my car off...I stopped dead in my tracks and instantly fell in love. Incredible combination of seductive/sad/eerie/badass. I am compelled to check out the rest of The Weeknd's music on the strength of WG. I have a feeling that this cat will be my favorite new artist of the year.

"Adorn" I heard when the HQ track first leaked onto the 'net, and I was very unimpressed for whatever reason. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago...I don't know WHAT I was smoking, the song is RIDICULOUS, jam packed with soul and simple but it leaves such an impression me. I LOVE his throwback vibe...and the way dude KILLS the vocals in the last quarter of the track? Miguel is THE best male R&B singer today.

Also, I'm extremely late with these 2 gems as well -- Mary J. Blige's "Mr. Wrong" and Estelle's "Thank You" -- my next two faves at the moment. REAL R&B may be on its way back!!! You don't know how happy I am about that. Mary KILLED it once again in "Mr. Wrong", it reminds me of early Mary :) and Estelle once again quietly showed me why she's the most valuable British female singer of this current time. She may not have Marsha Ambrosius' pipes or Adele's popularity -- but the woman consistently delivers STRONG material, and in my opinion, with "Thank You" she single-handedly murdered EVERY single her British female peers have released in recent memory.

Also really diggin' Maroon 5's "One More Night", Frank Ocean's "Thinkin 'Bout you", Christina Aguilera's "Your Body", Leah LaBelle's "Sexify", Big Sean/Kanye West's "Clique" & The Dream's "Dope Bitch"

I'm starting to love music again :blush:

You know I was actually going to PM you about 'Adorn'? :lol:

:lol: Are you feelin' that song as much as I am? IMO, he picked up right where he left off with "All I Want Is You", everything this guy touches is just top-notch to me. I really NEED to get this new album. Have you heard anything else off of it yet?