Aretha Franklin: Health problem 'resolved'

cnd

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/07/aretha-franklin-health-problem-resolved/

Aretha Franklin: Health problem 'resolved'

It looks like the source of Aretha Franklin’s recent health issues is staying between the Queen of Soul and her doctors – Franklin said in an interview with Jet magazine that she’s keeping quiet.

“I am not one to do a lot of talking about my personal health or business,” the 68-year-old singer said. “There are a lot of people who will talk about anything, as long as there is somebody listening. But I am not one of those people.”

Indeed, as word spread that Franklin was having surgery for an unknown trouble in early December - a month after announcing that her concerts were canceled until May because of doctor’s orders - reports suggested that she had cancer, with the National Enquirer saying that Franklin had been diagnosed with inoperable and incurable pancreatic cancer over the summer.

“I am not going to even deal with that,” Franklin said of the presumptions. “I don’t have to talk about my health with anybody other than my doctors. The problem has been resolved.”

To her fans, Franklin said that she’s feeling great and is “coming along.”

“I want to thank my fans and friends and supporters who have prayed for me and sent me beautiful cards and flowers,” Franklin told Jet. “Please continue to respect my privacy as I continue to recover.”

Archived