"Control" (1986), Janet's thrid album, took her to Minneapolis and into the collaborative mix of Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, a relationship that created a musical fusion of pop, R&B, soul, dance, jazz, rock and rap that continues today. "Control" was an album about what I went through inmy life when I was 19 and the self-discovery that resulted," said Janet. "Control" gave an aggressive new voice to woman in the music business and spoke of breaking free from parental restraints and exploring dangerous new worlds. The groundbreaking album brought Janet five top five hits and accolades and praise that had not been seen before, securing her place in music history. "Control" won four American Music Awards out of twelve nominations - a record that she still holds - and was nominated for an album of the year Grammy. The album was influential in expanding and developing the art of music video performance with it's high energy, dazzling choreography.

Control

Nasty

What Have You Done For Me Lately

You Can Be Mine

The Pleasure Principle

When I Think Of You

He Doesn'y Know I'm Alive

Let's Wait Awhile

Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)

I never bought this album because I first got into Janet during the janet. era and then DOAD came out. Aside from WHYDFML and Pleasure Principle I didn't love many of the songs.

Later I discovered funny how time flies :)

I can see why this album shot Janet to the top. I just don't think I was into this style of music, but because it's Janet I loved it.

I never bought this album because I first got into Janet during the janet. era and then DOAD came out. Aside from WHYDFML and Pleasure Principle I didn't love many of the songs.

Later I discovered funny how time flies :)

I can see why this album shot Janet to the top. I just don't think I was into this style of music, but because it's Janet I loved it.

reaslly? you didnt like the song control? I thought that was the one song that everyone liked fan or not because it defined her...it's her legacy