Game Changer: HIV cure expected 'within months'.

I cut the technical portion.. Click here to read the entire article

Danish scientists are expecting results that will show that “finding a mass-distributable and affordable cure to HIV is possible”.

The scientists are currently conducting human trials on their treatment, in the hope of proving that it is effective. It has already been found to work in laboratory tests.

These are now under way, and according to Dr Ole Søgaard, a senior researcher at the Aarhus University Hospital in Denmark and part of the research team, the early signs are “promising”.

Fifteen patients are currently taking part in the trials, and if any of them are found to have successfully been cured of HIV, the “cure” will be tested on a wider scale, aided by an immune system booster.

Finding a cure would free a patient from the need to take continuous HIV medication, and save health services billions of pounds.

Five years ago, the general consensus was that HIV could not be cured. But then Timothy Ray Brown, an HIV sufferer — who has become known in the field as the Berlin Patient — developed leukaemia.

He had a bone marrow transplant from a donor with a rare genetic mutation that made his cells resistant to HIV. As a result, in 2007 Mr Brown became the first man to ever be fully cured of the disease.

the last paragraph was interesting to me

There was a documentary years ago about a group of people over in Europe who unknowingly had a genetic mutation that gave them a natural resistance to HIV infection. The issue is not everyone who has the mutation knows it. They did test one guy that no matter what they did they could never infect his cells with HIV because he had this mutation. At the time I always wondered why that story didnt have more exposure.

There was a documentary years ago about a group of people over in Europe who unknowingly had a genetic mutation that gave them a natural resistance to HIV infection. The issue is not everyone who has the mutation knows it. They did test one guy that no matter what they did they could never infect his cells with HIV because he had this mutation. At the time I always wondered why that story didnt have more exposure.

Because like Cancer a cure to HIV will cost the medical world billions...

A friend of mine has cured himself with the use of Cannabis oil... And a lot of people swear that by just using Coconut oil HIV can be stopped

The same with cancer... Cannabis oil cures a lot of cancers, it's proven may times... My mother is in stage 4 and i just ordered Cannabis oil and hopefully it helps her too.. we'll see, but people who were in their terminal fase were cured completely...

every cancer patient is worth a minimum of $300.000 for the medical industry...

I didn't think I'd live to see it happen, but I'm glad it finally has. I just hope it will get to everyone who needs it.

Oh I did, I truly believe we will see many things in our life times, a cure for HIV is a pharmaceutical wet dream

Bc no or cares about the few people who can't get it

Yes however HIV is a big government expense.. In 2010 the US government spent $3.3 BILLION

And the government's money>>>>>

The money the world will recoup from the cure is probably just as much if not more. 1 in 5 ppl have it and don't know it. Add that to the people who already have it and want the cure, to the people who don't know they have it and still spreading it, and you've got billions, possibly trillions in revenue. It's not like once this cure is found, HIV/AIDS will cease to exist. It's like saying the common cold will go away. It's next to impossible to cure the world of a disease. It's a perpetual return on investment.

• Upvote 2