Are kids still kids?

EphraimAdamz

It just seems like they don't know or do anything?

Took my cousin to the skating rink. I was surprised to see that these new young kids bringing their dates to the skating rink didn't know how to skate backwards? Dudes growing up would of never been caught during Couples Skate without knowing how to skate backwards, and lead their girl. You would of got ragged on lol. But more importantly, many of them didn't know what couples skate even was.

You don't see them playing outside as much these days. I see moms, usually younger ones telling their kids all the time not to go out and get dirty, don't play in the grass, don't get ya clothes wet. Are they kids, or are they kids? :umm:

Everything is computer based.12 year old with ipads. They text, they don't know how to ring a doorbell. I'll be damned if a little nigga picked up my daughter for prom and call himself texting when he's outside...... I can't take.

Really? At 1st sentence I was ready to agree with you cause I thought you were going to say the rink was empty or something....but then I kept reading. Skating backwards is not a fundamental part of growing up, like I'd say skating period is, at least there were kids there and at least they were skating, I don't see the problem. And the only people & couples I recall getting ragged on (and even then it was by their friends or lil kids) is the fallers...as it should be lol Maybe they just know now @ that particular rink that it's all good.

I do agree with kids needing to play outside more and step away from their electronic shackles but I feel like parents are more scared of kidnappers & molesters these days since you see it alllll over the news these days

• Upvote 1

I do have to disagree about skating being a fad, seeing as how it's something thats been around for at least 5 decades, and is still around, wheres the likes of disco lasted a decade. Skating's a activity and a sport, not necessarily a style or trend.

doesn't matter how long it lasted... it was popular in specific decade(s).. and leveled out since then

it'll be a past-time for millions but it's not a popular thing to do anymore (hence disco)

Okay that does it. *plays "Skate" by Monica lol*

We had couple skating; it was never seen as uncool. I'm with Jarryl, those who couldn't balance were the targets of ridicule lol

I see your point about kids not allowed to be kids though. That's why I feel blessed to have grown up in the 90s ~ we had it so good lol

• Upvote 1

Okay that does it. *plays "Skate" by Monica lol*

We had couple skating; it was never seen as uncool. I'm with Jarryl, those who couldn't balance were the targets of ridicule lol

I see your point about kids not allowed to be kids though. That's why I feel blessed to have grown up in the 90s ~ we had it so good lol

The 90's was a really great decade to be a kid, we had that fine line, we had technology but we werent consumed with it, we were still playing outside, everybody had to share 1 computer (at least in my house, we got our 1st laptop in 00). But we walked a fine line between traditional fun and new age fun, nowdays that seems harder to walk that line. But I want my kids to, but I know that might be a uphill battle.

The 90's was a really great decade to be a kid, we had that fine line, we had technology but we werent consumed with it, we were still playing outside, everybody had to share 1 computer (at least in my house, we got our 1st laptop in 00). But we walked a fine line between traditional fun and new age fun, nowdays that seems harder to walk that line. But I want my kids to, but I know that might be a uphill battle.

Yes.... I almost when into cardiac arrest when my friends son pointed out the window at a pay phone and asked me what kind of device it was >_<

• Upvote 1

It's so weird to think that 6 yr olds have and can easily function sale phones, when I remember being in awe of them as a kid, and if you were a kid with 1, you were instantly cool or rich LOL, that seemed to change around middle school, when more kids got them, I didn't get mine till 9th Grade.

DEAR GOD, I remember kids bragging about having beepers, and 1 kid had a blue 1, red 1 & green 1, and we all were like DANG HE COOL LOL KIDS ARE SO DUMB LOL (I halfway kid that LOL) Wonder what became of them beepers today LOL

It's so weird to think that 6 yr olds have and can easily function sale phones, when I remember being in awe of them as a kid, and if you were a kid with 1, you were instantly cool or rich LOL, that seemed to change around middle school, when more kids got them, I didn't get mine till 9th Grade.

DEAR GOD, I remember kids bragging about having beepers, and 1 kid had a blue 1, red 1 & green 1, and we all were like DANG HE COOL LOL KIDS ARE SO DUMB LOL (I halfway kid that LOL) Wonder what became of them beepers today LOL

How old are you? I didn't get a cell until college :umm:

Yeah, my 6 year old niece already has a phone - watching videos on it and stuff. Only a decade ago, I never would've imagined smart phones with all these convenient features lol

How old are you? I didn't get a cell until college :umm:

Yeah, my 6 year old niece already has a phone - watching videos on it and stuff. Only a decade ago, I never would've imagined smart phones with all these convenient features lol

My 7 yr old nephew can google & study as good as any adult lol, I'm SOOO not use to that lol.