Lies Heard Around The Web: Janet Set To Divorce

I can agree with all of that and you made some very good points, but even when Janet was with JD, even being such a private person, we still saw her, I mean she wasn't just hidden away only to be seen if caught in an airport. Janet still worked while with JD, this is the longest time she has been off the scene ever, I mean since she started a career. I guess in my mind and others Janet could go a long way with her public persona if she showed hey Im still here Im not being controlled I simply choose to do this. If Janet is in Qatar most of the time, then what does she do? I mean is she cooking meals and shit? Im sorry but I kinda believe she's under the influence of someone who probably thinks women have a place and put Janet in hers, sad to think the woman who gave us "Control" doesn't seem to have any now?

But how is she hidden away in Qatar when there is no paparazzi there to begin with. We've never had a paparazzi picture from her in Qatar yet we've had pictures/tweets from people there that have seen her at hotels, eating dinner, etc. So obviously she isn't staying hidden yet there aren't going to be paparazzi pictures like when she is with WIssam on vacation, at fashion week, or walking around (like in Cannes, arriving/leaving a restaurant, etc.) . I mean it really isn't new that Janet is a private person so I'm not expecting her to change her public persona this far in her career when that is a person she has been for the better part of her career.To be honest I'm still surprised at how public she was with her private life while she was with JD when that was the opposite of how she was when she was with Rene and now with Wissam.

And yes this is Janet's longest break in between albums but she has been doing things career-wise since she last released a new album with new material like she released the Number Ones Album with some promotional performances (X-Factor, Jingle Bell Ball, American Idol) and went on Tour, was in 2 Movies (Why Did I Get Married Too? and For Colored Girls), & was a spokesperson of Nutrisystem. So in reality she has only been on a break from her career since about mid 2012 (after being a spokesperson for Nutrisystem) so that is really about 2 years.

the problem with that line is she hasn't

There isn't a problem with that line. Remember last year when Ian Cross (Janet's engineer) said that she had rented a villa there to record when we got a few album updates last summer.

• Upvote 1

I can agree with all of that and you made some very good points, but even when Janet was with JD, even being such a private person, we still saw her, I mean she wasn't just hidden away only to be seen if caught in an airport. Janet still worked while with JD, this is the longest time she has been off the scene ever, I mean since she started a career. I guess in my mind and others Janet could go a long way with her public persona if she showed hey Im still here Im not being controlled I simply choose to do this. If Janet is in Qatar most of the time, then what does she do? I mean is she cooking meals and shit? Im sorry but I kinda believe she's under the influence of someone who probably thinks women have a place and put Janet in hers, sad to think the woman who gave us "Control" doesn't seem to have any now?

Probably because she lived in the same country that enjoys killing celebrities via freedom of press :asham:

Sooo you believe Wendy Williams, who basically made that up? :umm:

• Upvote 1

But how is she hidden away in Qatar when there is no paparazzi there to begin with. We've never had a paparazzi picture from her in Qatar yet we've had pictures/tweets from people there that have seen her at hotels, eating dinner, etc. So obviously she isn't staying hidden yet there aren't going to be paparazzi pictures like when she is with WIssam on vacation, at fashion week, or walking around (like in Cannes, arriving/leaving a restaurant, etc.) . I mean it really isn't new that Janet is a private person so I'm not expecting her to change her public persona this far in her career when that is a person she has been for the better part of her career.To be honest I'm still surprised at how public she was with her private life while she was with JD when that was the opposite of how she was when she was with Rene and now with Wissam.

And yes this is Janet's longest break in between albums but she has been doing things career-wise since she last released a new album with new material like she released the Number Ones Album with some promotional performances (X-Factor, Jingle Bell Ball, American Idol) and went on Tour, was in 2 Movies (Why Did I Get Married Too? and For Colored Girls), & was a spokesperson of Nutrisystem. So in reality she has only been on a break from her career since about mid 2012 (after being a spokesperson for Nutrisystem) so that is really about 2 years.

There isn't a problem with that line. Remember last year when Ian Cross (Janet's engineer) said that she had rented a villa there to record when we got a few album updates last summer.

Janet is living a life of peace... And for that we should be proud of her.. She can finally go somewhere she's not burden by her fans, the "press" or anyone... Janet wanted this life.. She's just off the grid and loving it

• Upvote 2

You know I truly get why Janet kept her marriages in the past secret. Hell at least she didn't have to worry about it always being in the news. I just heard the Tom Joyner morning show discussing it. I wish that people would take time to actually find out where this story came from before they start posting and talking about it. They are so quick to say ohh I just knew it wasn't gonna last. I wonder if they will report on the fact that Janet will still be with her husband a year from now. Probably not because they wouldn't want to be called out. A part of me wishes that Janet would have kept her marriage a secret this time around too.

I think that because Janet has been so low key lately that any story that is put out about her is taken at face value, because people haven't heard anything from her.